Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges

Alright. (rolls up sleeves) I thought I ought to get the ball rolling right away. In my other forums that I frequent we've started doing somthing just to help ya'll get out of that 'artist' block we sometimes get.

So. No rules really save for the avoid the vulgar and what not and if you do make a nude or somthing please post a link with a warning rather than the image! ^^

So! Here we go. What I'll do is each month I'll post a challenge. You don't have to do it but if you want to it's good practice.

Todays random challenge is...Practice with your mouse or stylus! This means drawing with your weak hand or doing somthing with your mouse or stylus that you haven't tried yet!

There's no limit to what you can do. Anything goes just give it your best shot!
    I'm available for Tarot Readings

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

Can we use MSPaint?

Comment

Hee hee hee! :giggle:

Yeah you can...Better see some darn cool pixelation though!

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

Comment

Not with my left hand.

Comment

Are you kidding? My left hand can't even grasp a mouse! It's just a place to hang my other fingers, basically. Damn thing.

Comment

So why don't we do this? Draw a picture with your right and next to it, draw the same picture with your left. ^^ Worst case it's highly amusing! hee hee.

And I'll post an example that I just drew up! 15 minutes in Corel Painter IX. Right hand on the left Left hand on the right. ^_^ My right hand twitched trying to grab the pen out of my left hand as I drew. I felt sooo frusterated when I drew with my left. I could almost feel my brain freaking out.
            Last edited by Amilee; November 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM. Reason: Putting in an example! ^^

Comment

That, I could probably do.

Comment

I have a bad enough time trying to draw with my right hand in photoshop I do not think I am going to even attempt the left hand yet
                SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Ok I made the attempt at this challenge and gave myself an eye strain
                  Last edited by SilverClaw; November 27th, 2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

:hehehehe: So I learned that my left wrist is really sore...

Comment

:D

See Amilee what your doing to use :D
                      Last edited by SilverClaw; November 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I've been moving heavy boxes around all day (and when not doing that, typing) so my wrist had a workout before even attempting...maybe I shall try again (next time with PSP??) on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaire View Post
                          I've been moving heavy boxes around all day (and when not doing that, typing) so my wrist had a workout before even attempting...maybe I shall try again (next time with PSP??) on the weekend.
                          That would explain it

Comment

These are fantastic! I love em!

And interesting article about right and left brain usage for drawing can be found here! I found it quite interesting and good lessons to learn!

Clicky here!

My opinion on this is that when I draw with my dominant hand (Right) I tend to use my creative side of the brain but then I draw with my weak hand (Left) I want to draw more technically and perfect the image I'd just drawn with the right. Thus my Right hand wants to grab the stylus away from my left because it just dosen't know how to draw!!

Both of yours are far better than mine though. O_O Like they almost mimic the original perfectly! <----Jealous

Comment

I noticed with my left hand ( which I naturally was till a stupid grade school teacher switched me) I was doing straighter lines easier then I was with the one with the right it was weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X