Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm

Once again it's December and I'm seeing a dead Digital Artwork thread. I need to know if

a) This thread is even needed or can it be merged with another art thread such as the drawing and painting since it would technically be part of that anyway...

or...

b) what needs to be done to make this popular.

I simply do not see this forum getting any stronger and I've been the guide here for at least a year and a half now.

Tell me what needs to be done because honestly I'm out of ideas and I can't keep doing this by myself.
    I'm available for Tarot Readings

An artist is only an artist on condition that he neglects no aspect of his dual nature. This dualism is the power of being oneself and someone else at one and the same time. - Charles Baudelaire

I actually do like following the digital art threads but due to time constraints I don't get to produce as much as I would like. That's probably similar to a lot of other people.

I would like to know more about how other people get an idea into a finished form, do they sketch and scan? Do they draw freehand using a graphics tablet? Do they merge drawings with photographs and what techniques they use.

Perhaps we could do a thread that concentrates on one technique at a time and asks people to submit their efforts, drawing eyes or figures or landscapes etc?

This is my latest effort which was done for a family Christmas card (this is jpeg version, the original was in bmp):

Comment

Maybe we need some small contests for motivation,...!

Although I love digital artwork and I really want to better my crafts I rarely spend the time unless I have a reason to make something, typically I do it for someone else, perhaps many others here are the same and we need some cute contests to get us moving?

Comment

Maybe we need some small contests for motivation,...!
        That was actually suggested awhile ago and well nothing really came of it.

Although I love digital artwork and I really want to better my crafts I rarely spend the time unless I have a reason to make something, typically I do it for someone else, perhaps many others here are the same and we need some cute contests to get us moving?
        For me it is usually for someone else or a contest on Deviant art, otherwise I do not do much either. As for contests I am not sure if that would work, but who knows maybe this time around it will work . If not we could do some thing similar to what the photography forum does and have a monthly theme.
        SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X