Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Druchii's 3 dimensional painting, armouring, and sculpture thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druchii's 3 dimensional painting, armouring, and sculpture thread...

I stayed away from any sculpting aspects for a while, but was drawn back into it because of my love of human anatomy.
    I want to progress further than 2 dimensional art. Further than the computer can take me.

I often paint 28mm figurines. The 2 shown below are from my yet to be established figurine painting website. To date, I have 2,000 of these painted. It takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to paint some of them.
    I also sculpt... sometimes. I have one that I am particulary proud of that I sold off to have made into figurines. That was when I was 22. It is of a dismounted chevalier ( 11 and 3/8 inches high), I sculpt with my left hand and draw with my right. It was a bad business deal because the original is lost. I got $200 and they got the rights and attribued it to a staff artist. I have 2 photos to show of it. I decided to try to come back into this medium because of DragonsChest who is an amazing sculptor in her own right.
    Armouring is and has always been a love of mine. So I plan on putting some of my work up here to honour the input and teaching I recieved from my mentor James Watkins.

Druchii, that's absolutely incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Aine of the Fae
      Druchii, that's absolutely incredible!

Thank you Aine.

Comment

Your sculpting is marvelous. Very professional! And thank you for saying I'm an amazing sculptor as well, but when looking at your work, I certainly know I have much to learn. I'm no where near your level, in fact, I am insignificant compared to your talent. :fpraise: (must practice more.....!) But it's nice to know that I've helped to inspire you to take up the clay again.

It's a shame you lost the rights to your figure, and more so that they cheated you out of the credit for it. Darn them.

I've seen the new work in your Gallery and I love them! Thank you.
        Answering the Mother Ship's call
        Dave Ramsey and the Total Money Makeover - we're on our way to financial freedom!

Comment

Druchii awesome!! And sorry to hear about your misforutne with that busienss deal. That sucks.
          Last edited by SilverClaw; September 4th, 2004, 11:06 PM.
          SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

*gasp* WOW, that's amazing!!

Comment

What they said Dru. *smiles* Awesome.
              "I met a girl who sang the blues
              and I asked her for some happy news
              She just smiled and turned away.."

Comment

Thanks guys. And DragonsChest, I tried to do a dragon like yours... I failed at it miserably. Mine looked too stiff and most notably without any "life" to it...
                I need to learn how to put emotion and love back into my work like you do.
                And those preview pics and the finished version of "Merlin" you did are just amazing.

Comment

And here I was thinking you were an amazing painter... now I see you're an amazing artist *period*!

I love painting mini's though don't get to often recently... that sculpture looks friggin awesome... I'd be proud to have that displayed in my house... and you sold it? *gasp*!
                  S M

"It's not what you think it is. And neither is it otherwise." - Zen Saying
                  I had fun making these:

Comment

Originally posted by Druchii
                    Thanks guys. And DragonsChest, I tried to do a dragon like yours... I failed at it miserably. Mine looked too stiff and most notably without any "life" to it...
                    I need to learn how to put emotion and love back into my work like you do.
                    And those preview pics and the finished version of "Merlin" you did are just amazing.

Thank you. Your words mean the world to me.
                    Answering the Mother Ship's call
                    Dave Ramsey and the Total Money Makeover - we're on our way to financial freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsChest
                      Thank you. Your words mean the world to me.
                      You are welcome.

Comment

Wow... Your sculpting ability is stunning!

Comment

Damn, dude! That's some AWEsome stuff!!! *starting to think Dru is some kinda wonder boy or something*

Comment

Originally posted by Jenne
                            *starting to think Dru is some kinda wonder boy or something*

No, not even close. I have a long way to go to being okay. But thanks.

Comment

Dru do you have any pagan art or statues ? You are extremely talented.

MheraPAi

sigpic"
                              The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground."- Unknown

I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.
                              Gerry Spence

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Lewis Carroll

Comment

Working...
                              X