Clothespin dolls (opinions needed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothespin dolls (opinions needed!)

I make clothespin dolls and have recently made a few witch ones that I'm thinking about putting up for sale on Etsy once they're all finished. Thought I'd put a couple photos up here to get some opinions before I set up an Etsy account and have no one buy them, LOL. Thanks in advance, you awesome crafters!

Daphne

Having a passion for gardens, Daphne uses a lot of herbs in her spell work. She is very nature oriented and tends to daydream a lot. She has an affinity for fairies and her favorite color is blue. Her home is usually on the messy side, but her herb garden has yet to see a weed. Daphne enjoys music of all kinds, her favorite being classic rock. She blasts her radio through her kitchen window while she gardens, so getting her attention can sometimes be difficult. Along with her herb garden, Daphne is also well known for growing beautiful purple roses.

Emilia (still needs her hat and a besom)

As a domestic witch, Emilia takes the phrase "Hearth and Home" very seriously. Her home is her sanctuary and she likes her things to be just so. She is very creative and loves to make all sorts of crafts. She loves cooking for other people and especially enjoys having people over for dinner. Emilia is a wonderful listener and friend. Her favorite color is purple (she adores amethyst) and she is happiest after the day's activities have wound down and she can curl up with a good romance novel.

Jane (she still needs her cat)

Jane is a great lover of cats and the color yellow. She dabbles mostly with spell candles and she loves Greek food. Her favorite mineral is amber. She hates reading but absolutely loves to shop. For anything. If its on sale she'll buy it, even if she doesn't need it. Being a pack rat as well, her home is full of clutter, as you can imagine! She's been known to keep cat treats on her, just in case she happens to find another stray. Jane owns seven cats already. Seven is also her lucky number.

My Etsy Shop!
    Visit my Blog!
    I'm on Covenspace!

Any opinions at all? Good or bad?

My Etsy Shop!
    Visit my Blog!
    I'm on Covenspace!

Comment

They are all beautiful I would buy one for sure. The faces are really good and the information on each of them is a really nice touch.
      Personally I would go ahead and put them up for sale.
      With Love and Light
      WulfcwenStar

Comment

I agree they are all very good and quite creative. I would put them up and see how they do with the public.
        神の恵みと祖先の恩とに感謝し
        明き清きまことをもって祭しにいそしむこと。

Kami no megumi to sosen no on to ni kanshashi
        Akaki kiyoki makoto o motte saishi ni isoshimu koto.

I am grateful for the blessings of the kami and my ancestors
        And will practice my faith with brightness, purity, and sincerity.

敬神生活の綱領
        Keishin seikatsu no koryo
        Commitment of Life Devotion

- 'Shinto Norito' by Ann Llewellyn Evans -

Comment

I also say put them up!!
          Clothespin crafting is another one of the dying arts.
          Someone needs to keep it alive and with your talent...heck why not?
          Dont let clothespin crafting die...not when you make such adorable ones!!!

The few clothespin crafters still active, most, from what I have seen on the net, are not nearly as well done and thought out as yours!
          :boing:

Comment

Thank you!! I'll be setting up my shop soon, it'll be posted in my sig if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, I really appreciate it! :boing:

My Etsy Shop!
            Visit my Blog!
            I'm on Covenspace!

Comment

they are very cute!
              Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
              and Books Forum Guide
              and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

I think they are very sweet and I love the little blurbs about each one.
                "put the pick in there Pete and turn it round real neat"

Comment

My shop is up and running for anyone who is interested! More dolls will be put up soon

orcasprt.etsy.com :boing:

My Etsy Shop!
                  Visit my Blog!
                  I'm on Covenspace!

Comment

I am blessed to have a Hekate clothespin goddess from the very talented Kaltenia. She is awesome and perfect in every way.

If you get the opportunity to buy one of her dolls, I would recommend her without reservation.

Blessings

A
                    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Comment

I totally adore your little creations!

Comment

Aww, thanks Annorah! I'm glad you enjoy her so much!

My Etsy Shop!
                        Visit my Blog!
                        I'm on Covenspace!

Comment

Thank you! :weirdsmil

My Etsy Shop!
                          Visit my Blog!
                          I'm on Covenspace!

Comment

OMG sooo cute. the only thing I can make is moose.
                            Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Annorah View Post
                              I am blessed to have a Hekate clothespin goddess from the very talented Kaltenia. She is awesome and perfect in every way.

If you get the opportunity to buy one of her dolls, I would recommend her without reservation.

Blessings

A
                              Kaltenia your little clothespin dolls are adorable! You got great talent there.
                              Annorah her dolls are so cute, do you have a pic of your Hekate she made you.

Comment

Working...
                              X