Name:	breaking ground 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	6176435Click image for larger version

Name:	breaking ground 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	6176436

Hi all! I wanted to share this sculpture from my BFA exhibition Reclamation of Form; Making the Internal, External. The title of this piece is "Breaking Ground." She is one of my favorites. I worked on her over the summer of 2013. At that point of my life, I was metaphorically growing roots in my life... I spent a year of solitude, finding myself after a psychologically abusive relationship. (After the year of solitude I reconnected with my first love, my high school sweetheart. We are married now.) The root or vein-like forms represent growing from the deep crevices of subconscious exploration, being grounded in my own soul and healing. This discovery of 'Know Thyself' was not always pleasant or easy by any means... However, what I received from this journey was/is a priceless treasure. I just wanted to share how it feels to be embraced by the Goddess, her strength, power, and wisdom.

Much love and light to you...

Thank you for sharing! Your sculpture is gorgeous, so much detail...So glad that you are in a happier place now.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Beautiful. Shame the trolls had to hijack the thread
      Kickass dragon ---->

I <3 obs

Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen

Comment

Working...
      X