Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you and your camera been up to lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you and your camera been up to lately?

Any photographers have anything they want to share?
    Did you get a new camera, learn a new photo manipulation technique, take an awesome shot you just need to share?
    You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
    It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
    I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
    you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Hi there! I forgot my harddrive and I'm at work, but I can share some pics when I get home, I have some bonfire pics to edit. ^^

I'm hoping to buy a new lens by next month, hopefully a 50mm or an 85mm. But I definitely would like a prime.

I unfortunately do not think I'm going to be able to upgrade my camera anytime soon. (I have a Nikon D3100, but I'd like to get the 7100 or 7200 and keep the 3100 as a backup). Plus, I need something with better low light capabilities. The prime lenses will help, but still. =)
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_113506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	6167569

So I'm not a Proper Photographer (and I'm sure you'll all gasp in horror at the fact that I take pics on my phone) but I have fun sometimes if something strikes me as pretty.

I've been told that I take pictures like an archaeologist, and to be fair, I do my best work on site. But I can do pretty too! Sometimes. ..
      "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
      Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
      When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
      AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
      :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Comment

Originally posted by Sollie View Post
        Hi there! I forgot my harddrive and I'm at work, but I can share some pics when I get home, I have some bonfire pics to edit. ^^

I'm hoping to buy a new lens by next month, hopefully a 50mm or an 85mm. But I definitely would like a prime.

I unfortunately do not think I'm going to be able to upgrade my camera anytime soon. (I have a Nikon D3100, but I'd like to get the 7100 or 7200 and keep the 3100 as a backup). Plus, I need something with better low light capabilities. The prime lenses will help, but still. =)
        I love Nikon's too! You can't beat a Nikon lens.

Originally posted by october
        So I'm not a Proper Photographer (and I'm sure you'll all gasp in horror at the fact that I take pics on my phone) but I have fun sometimes if something strikes me as pretty.

I've been told that I take pictures like an archaeologist, and to be fair, I do my best work on site. But I can do pretty too! Sometimes. ..
        I don't believe there is such a thing as a "proper photographer". To me photography is an art form, just like any other art. The only down side to phone photography is that it doesn't normally do well printed. Doesn't mean you still can't take amazing photos.
        You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Comment

Hey Bronach!

I admit I love photography but I stink at it... I only have an idiot proof point and shoot camera right now, but I do take a lot of pictures.

That's about the coolest shot I've managed to get over the last while. It is the near full moon above the mall in my town.

Name:	PTDC0427.JPG
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	6167570
          "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post

What do they mean, take pictures like an archaeologist? Very documentary? And phones are very comparable to a modern Point and Shoot camera nowadays. That's a gorgeous composition.

Originally posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
            Hey Bronach!

I admit I love photography but I stink at it... I only have an idiot proof point and shoot camera right now, but I do take a lot of pictures.

That's about the coolest shot I've managed to get over the last while. It is the near full moon above the mall in my town.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113243[/ATTACH]
            You don't stink at it I'm sure! Point and Shoots can accomplish a lot, once you know how to use it. =) That is a very pretty shot, I love the gentle fading colors.
            my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	6167571 I'm still very proud of this, because it is a result of me being clumsy. I was kneeling to get the angle, slipped, and clicked as I was falling.
              my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

What do they mean, take pictures like an archaeologist? Very documentary? And phones are very comparable to a modern Point and Shoot camera nowadays. That's a gorgeous composition.

You don't stink at it I'm sure! Point and Shoots can accomplish a lot, once you know how to use it. =) That is a very pretty shot, I love the gentle fading colors.
                Thanks Sollie. An old friend of mine once told me that the camera I have does take some skill to use too... I'm trying to remember that.

Comment

It means I frame things a certain way, watch for light a certain way, and try to avoid people. It's more clinical than artistic, lol. I guess it makes more sense if you've looked at a lot of site and finds photos lol.
                  "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
                  Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
                  When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
                  AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
                  :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
                    Hey Bronach!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113243[/ATTACH]
                    Cloaky!
                    That is an awesome shot!
                    It doesn't matter the camera. Photography is about what YOU see as interesting, what YOU choose to photograph. It has little to do with what kind of camera you have, much more to do with the eye behind it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113247[/ATTACH] I'm still very proud of this, because it is a result of me being clumsy. I was kneeling to get the angle, slipped, and clicked as I was falling.
                    That is awesome!

Originally posted by October View Post
                    It means I frame things a certain way, watch for light a certain way, and try to avoid people. It's more clinical than artistic, lol. I guess it makes more sense if you've looked at a lot of site and finds photos lol.
                    Grrrr......NOT true. How you frame things, lighting, etc is part of your artistic talent. That doesn't make it clinical.

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronach Druid View Post
                      Cloaky!
                      That is an awesome shot!
                      It doesn't matter the camera. Photography is about what YOU see as interesting, what YOU choose to photograph. It has little to do with what kind of camera you have, much more to do with the eye behind it.
                      Thanks Bronach! I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm on the prowl with the camera. My goal is to save up for a high end Canon or Nikkon in time, so I can do really cool shots like my local pal D does with her dogs, etc.

I managed to get this on a walk the other day...

Name:	PTDC0540.JPG
Size:	832.6 KB
ID:	6167575

It's a bright red flower in full bloom by the stream about a ten minute walk from my house. It just stuck out brightly in a sea of green and I thought it was gorgeous. I couldn't resist taking a shot of it.

Comment

Cloaky, may I suggest that instead of a DSLR, you get something more like an advanced point and shoot? I used one for several years before I upgraded. It helped me figure out what all the terms meant, and because of the versatility of the camera, I could really practice a lot of variety. Plus, some places (I don't know if you like going to concerts, but even museums and event venues) have stricter restrictions on DSLRs, but won't even look twice at one of these.

Additionally, these are great because again, the zoom is going to be phenomenal, and you are seriously limited in no way but your imagination. Here are some examples of what some of the cameras I'm talking about

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-...Nikon|Fujifilm A decent Nikon, but there are all sorts of variations.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-FineP..._89%3AFujifilm A fujifilm, this is one I'll probably end up getting (I have a sony but it's very old and I need a new one)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HX400V-20...9%3ASony|Canon A Sony variation

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...9%3ASony|Canon A canon

However, if you do get a DSLR, you're fine if you get a kit, although some people say it's bad, it's very affordable usually. Once you learn how to use it, remember that the body, while important, is less important than the lenses you invest in. =)
                        my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

I have a Canon EOS5 Rebel SL1
                          It takes pictures and stuff.
                          Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
                          (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
                          anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Comment

I wish I were a better photographer. I have a heck of a time taking good photos of anthing, and I'm lousy about composition.

That being said, I used my iPhone this morning to take pictures.... of parrot poop! No, I won't share them here. :-) It's for a blog entry I'll be writing for my bird's blog in the near future. (My conure has her own blog where she gives expert parrot advice, including health stuff. And since poop is a big health indicator, the pictures were necessary.)
                            ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

[QUOTE=Ahautenites;4693954]I wish I were a better photographer. I have a heck of a time taking good photos of anthing, and I'm lousy about composition. [/ENDQUOTE] The biggest thing about good photography/composition is: Be aware of light and space. If you focus on the effect of how the light falls (or doesn't =P ) and spatial awareness of whatever subject it is, you'll compose an interesting picture...and from there you can get the technical aspects mastered. =)

That being said, I used my iPhone this morning to take pictures.... of parrot poop! No, I won't share them here. :-) It's for a blog entry I'll be writing for my bird's blog in the near future. (My conure has her own blog where she gives expert parrot advice, including health stuff. And since poop is a big health indicator, the pictures were necessary.)
                              Haha, I personally appreciate you not sharing that (Although you should totally share your bird pics~) Yeah, poop is a pretty important thing, that's cool that you blog about stuff like that. =)
                              my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Working...
                              X