Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk Lenses!

Why do they have to be so expensive? =P

I get that it's technology but dang son!

I currently have kit lenses 18-55 and 55-200. They are good and solid, but I really need to upgrade my lenses and soon, yet the voice in my head is constantly saying "no, we can spend that on other more important things". Or we get a medical bill or pay extra on a debt. Geesh.

Anyways, I want to get an 85 mm, F/1.8 or F/2.4 (I can't afford the 1.4 at all!). I also would like a 50mm 1.4 or 1.8. Those are my two must haves. I've found a few stores that have them for under 500, but never when I actually have the money.

I also have been considering the 24-70mm and the 105 mm.

What kind of lenses do you guys have or want?
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Nikon or Canon? Based on the lenses you listed, I'm guessing Nikon.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
    -Euripedes

No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.
    -W. Emerson Wright

Comment

Good guess! Yes, I currently shoot Nikon.
      my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

So do I

I have a 55-300 that I only use for the 300mm end. It stays home 99% of the time. It's an okay lens, but I have others that I like better.

I also have the 105mm macro. That's my main telephoto. It's heavy, but the image quality is outstanding.
        For wide angles, I've got a 10-24mm. Great lens. At f/3.5, it's not as fast as my others, but still pretty good.
        My two workhorse lenses are the 35mm f/1.8 and an older 50mm f/1.8, which was made for the film cameras rather than the digital. These two are relatively inexpensive, but are two of the sharpest lenses NIkon has ever made. They're also both ridiculously lightweight.

As far as lenses I'd like to have goes, I'd really like to try the 50mm f/1.4.
        -Euripedes

No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.
        -W. Emerson Wright

Comment

You have a bunch of great lenses!

My mom said that she's going to buy me a lens next month, because she's been helping my brothers and sister out a lot, and I've been doing more for her than them lol. So I'm thinking the 85mm is going to be mine. *fist pump*

What kind of photography do you do? I'll eventually get the 50mm, but I feel I can wait and find one pretty well priced. I do mainly portraiture and events.
          my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

Mostly landscapes and scenics. I don't really have the lenses for decent wildlife photography. A 2x teleconverter would be great to have.

Occasionally I'll look for events to shoot.

The 85mm is the classic portrait lens.
            -Euripedes

-W. Emerson Wright

Comment

Working...
            X