This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About addresses & the swap forum

Because of the security issues surrounding real names and addresses in this forum, there should be a few ground rules. I'm on my way to get ready for work, so I'm going to post this quickly. Any other ideas or suggestions, please post here, then I'll sticky.

Addresses will be given only to the swap host and the partner(s) involved. No addresses are to be posted publically.

Originally posted by Flaire View Post
    Because of the security issues surrounding real names and addresses in this forum, there should be a few ground rules. I'm on my way to get ready for work, so I'm going to post this quickly. Any other ideas or suggestions, please post here, then I'll sticky.

Addresses will be given only to the swap host and the partner(s) involved. No addresses are to be posted publically.
    I agree with this. Every swap I've been a part of, the people have given their addresses to the swap host and partners privately.
    A brilliant idea!
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

I would have abided by this rule at without you posting this, but I appreciate the fact that you have given this advice. Thanks for thinking of our safety.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
      I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
      democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

ya i already said as much in my other thread, to me it goes without say, but ya know if this is not stickied already I think it should be so it does not get lost :D hehe
        SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

A few ideas about ATC trade rules for you. I do a lot of trading. I just sent out ATC for #4 different swaps all in one week. Usually one on one trading you can do as many as you'd like. But I've noticed alot of forums limit THEMED trades to no more then #3 per host ( meaning a person can host only #3 Themed Swaps at a time. They also sent a limit on the time frame most say Swaps have to be finished within 90 days. That means cards made, sent in and mailed back out to everyone in the 90 day period.

I just posted two one on one trades and one themed swap so that means I would only be able to host 2 more themed swaps. You would send a p.m. to whom ever was running the ATC section let them know what themed swaps you were doing and the start date and end date. The person running the swaps would just mod. the swaps were getting done on time and that people stick to the rule of only hosting #3.

Why is this done?Because after running so many swaps some hosts for lack of words to put it nice. They can't handle it! They end up with ATC lost, not sent, swaps running to long, and everyone wants there atc's. They get p.m. "where are the atc" and some do get ruid or even ignore the members questioning the swap.

So being it's just getting started here. You might want to make some more rules so the swaps run smoothly!

Being I do so much trading I keep a Record book of Swap Titles Quanity for the swap and the deadline date.

Then I have a List of swaps I'm waiting for in the mail. See if I don't get those swaps I think twice about swapping with that person. Most hosts aren't new to ATC they've been doing it a while as a rule of who can be a HOST. Because atc's can be time consuming and you can have a lot of people signing up.

I hope this helps!
          Last edited by Autumn Clair; November 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
          I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
          I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Comment

Autumn Clair who was your post directed to?
            And the record book I like that idea.
            Last edited by SilverClaw; November 6th, 2006, 11:53 PM.
            SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Flaire, said in the first post to post suggest in here.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
              I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
              I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Comment

That sounds good, Clair.

Comment

Working...
                X