This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What swaps would you like to see?

What swaps would you like to see? Let us know if there is something specific that you would like to see us swap, and you aren't ready to host/ess a swap. This doesn't necessarily have to be art or craft. It can be anything that one can easily send through the mail. I believe that we can discuss the possibilities for these swaps, and find an experienced hostess for them. We generally will start with a poll for interest, and if enough people are interested we will start the swap with the sign up thread. See below for hostess opportunities. Just let me or Merrilyn know if you are interested in hostessing one. Please read the Swap Courtesies before starting one please.

Shatril

Need Hostesses:

Valentine's
    Valentine Card-AutumnClair-Hostess
    Charms-Stephcoop-Hostess
    Smell Goods--Already set up, just waiting for a good time of the year-Aranarose -Hostess
    Candle Holder-PandoraHealer-Hostess
    Altar Cloth-RavenStars-Hostess-Mar/Apr
    Chakra Swap-Annorah-hostess
    Decorated/Altered Sketchbook
    Divination--RavensEye
    Besom--RavensEye
    Handmade and decorated wand swap--Shalaye Hostess-May
    Handmade divination swap; scrying mirrors, pendulums, runes etc.-Shalaye-Hostess-April
    Handmade Potion, Powder, Oil, Candle, Bath Salts or Incense
    Magical Recipe Exchange Pages
    Teddy Bear--RavensEye-Polling
    Last edited by Shatril; March 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Something for Valentine's. :ballonsmi

"Home is behind, the world ahead,
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadows to the edge of night,
    Until the stars are all alight."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Merrilyn View Post
      Something for Valentine's. :ballonsmi

ABSOLUTLY!!!

And a friend of mine and I came up with these things:
      Smell goods swap
      Charm swap
      candle holder swap- like you decorate a regular glass votive holder....

I think my friend and I are going to host these- she's ready to try her hand at hosting i think....

There are some others- i just can't think of them right now...

BB-PH
      Let's eat, Grandpa!
      Let's eat Grandpa!
      ~Punctuation! It saves Lives!!!

Until There Are None, Rescue One!

Comment

Oh geez, these are all good ones.

Thanks for the thoughts. I have started adding the hostess opportunities to the first post, that way we know what all is available, and when they are taken on by a hostess.

Shatril

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
        democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Originally posted by PandoraHealer View Post
          ABSOLUTLY!!!

And a friend of mine and I came up with these things:
          Smell goods swap
          Charm swap
          candle holder swap- like you decorate a regular glass votive holder....

I think my friend and I are going to host these- she's ready to try her hand at hosting i think....

There are some others- i just can't think of them right now...

BB-PH
          I have some really neat ideas for the candle holder swap. I don't even need to buy the votives as these just wrap around a votive, and you can remove them if you want to change them.

OOOOOOOOO I can't wait. Sweet.

Shatril

Comment

Great ideas!! :hehehehe:

"Home is behind, the world ahead,
            And there are many paths to tread
            Through shadows to the edge of night,
            Until the stars are all alight."
            J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I'd be willing to host a handmade valentine card swap as I'm already doing one on another site. I could just copy paste my post here and we could get it going.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
              I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
              I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Comment

How about an altar cloth swap?

Or, maybe a Chakra swap (items relating to one or each of the chakras)
                Last edited by Annorah; January 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM.
                "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Clair View Post
                  I'd be willing to host a handmade valentine card swap as I'm already doing one on another site. I could just copy paste my post here and we could get it going.
                  I'll put you down for a Valentine Card Swap, Autumn.

Shatril

Comment

Originally posted by Annorah View Post
                    How about an altar cloth swap?

Or, maybe a Chakra swap (items relating to one or each of the chakras)
                    Oh wow yes these would be lovely. That Chakra ones are great. I would be so kewl to do one for each chakra. Like I would love to do that one. We could have a brief explanation of the Chakra, and the correspondences and go from there. I think one a month would be fine, or maybe every other month. What a clever idea. Do you want to hostess this one Annorah, or maybe just do a poll first. Wee how fun is this.

The altar cloth is one that I have been considering as well.

Shatril

Comment

Altar cloth swap! Yeah! Can't wait—especially if it's handmade!

If someone will give me some tips on this sort of swap, I'd be willing to host. But not until February or March (I'm really busy with other swaps until then).

As for other swaps? How about one where the cover of a sketchbook is decorated and then the whole thing is swapped? They would have to be big ones, just blank with sturdy pages so people can do light water color, sketching or just keep an idea log. I use mine all the time to figure out my swaps and trades by listing supplies and doing sketches.

BTW I prefer pagan themes. I do these things elsewhere but can't address my spiritual beliefs in such a supportive environment. It's not that I won't do a non-pagan theme... it's just a preference.
                      The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                      --Bill Watterson

Comment

How about besoms/brooms small hand held alter ones? hmmm that is all I can think of at the moment.
                        SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by RavensEye View Post
                          How about besoms/brooms small hand held alter ones? hmmm that is all I can think of at the moment.
                          That would be a very interesting one! I'd have to learn how to make one, but it would be fun to share one from my bioregion with someone else.
                          The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                          --Bill Watterson

Comment

How about a handmade and/or decorated wand swap?

What about a handmade divination swap? Maybe someone makes scrying mirrors another makes pendulums another makes runes etc.

Perhaps a handmade Potion, Powder, Oil, Candle, Bath Salts or Incense swap.

Magical Recipe Exchange designed like the Spell Incantation was done maybe.
                            ~Magic and Rituals & Advanced Paganism Forum Guide~
                            ~Paths: Palo, Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo Forum Guide~
                            Thanks Catiana and Athena-Nadine for the beautiful banners!

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
                            05/25/67 - 06/22/08
                            You are my Angel

Comment

We are getting great ideas, thank you everyone. I can't wait for some of these to take off. We now need to start thinking about hostesses for these wonderful swaps. I'm willing to help anyone with this. The Swap Courtesy thread give many of the best practices for assuring that the swap runs smoothly. Let me know if you want to host/ess one of these swaps. I want to join them all. Of course, we need to spread them out some, as I just don't have the creative bump all the time. I need to make sure that I can come up with ideas fast enough. :rollingla

Shatril

Comment

Working...
                              X