Who wants to help me revive swaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to help me revive swaps!

Just posting a thread garnering interest on who would like to possibly do some swaps. I know people are slowly trickling back to MW, so hopefully more people will be interested. WHO'S WITH ME?!

I'd like to see this started again.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Comment

I've never hosted something like this before, but I'd definitely give it a try if enough people are interested.

Comment

How does it work?
        Another beautiful day in the state of denial.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamaLittle View Post
          How does it work?
          http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?165260-Swap-FAQ Is a good overview of Swap rules here on MW. Basically, with swaps, there's a swap coordinator. They pick the theme of the swap, the requirements for the swap, deadlines, questions for the swap, etc. People sign up for a swap and send the swap coordinator their mailing address. Swap coordinator them assigns people swap partners and gives out the swap partner's address. People assemble their swap package and mail it out to their assigned person and notifies the swap coordinator that they'd sent the package. Usually people then post what they received in the swap thread. Swap coordinator also helps make sure people send out their packages and tries to get in contact with those that haven't sent their packages.

Comment

I see. Thanks, Bix. Well by the rules I am out for a few more months.
            Another beautiful day in the state of denial.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamaLittle View Post
              I see. Thanks, Bix. Well by the rules I am out for a few more months.
              Maybe by then we'll have enough people back here.

Comment

I am definitely interested, but I'm slightly worried about committing to anything right now. I will keep an eye on this thread and any progress and let you guys know if I am able to at a later date. =)
                Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
                my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

I'm interested but can't swing it right now.
                  Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

I'm more than happy to help! I loved the Swaps! I couldn't do them as much since I lived overseas for the most of the period of time I was in Mysticwicks previously. But now that I am in the USA, it'll be easier!

Keep me posted!

M

Comment

interesting. the only thing that was really successful was the Halloween swaps and Yule greeting cards. not saying the other swaps were unsuccessful. not sure if there is time for the Yule/Christmas swaps though.
                      MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Maybe we can kinda set a soft deadline for the beginning of next year. The holiday season makes things busy for everyone. I've done knit and crochet swaps on Ravelry and have really enjoyed them.

Comment

My favorite swaps were done on this forum! We did some really awesome things. I still have the prayer flags we swapped. And the elements matchboxes. I'd be more then willing to host some simple startup ones!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RavenStars; November 27th, 2015, 08:39 PM.
                          The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                          --Bill Watterson

Comment

If it's an easy, fast swap there's always time!

An envelope swap is good -- just stuff a regular business sized envelope with bits of papers, stickers, die cuts, anything flat. These can be used by the recipient to make gift tags, bookmarks, or just added to the stash. Swaps can just be simple and still be fun.
                            The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                            --Bill Watterson

Comment

Ooh, me me! I loved doing swaps!
                              "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
                              Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
                              When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
                              AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
                              :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Comment

Working...
                              X