Yarn anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarn anyone?

Okay people! What can we do with yarn? Besides knit!
    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
    flar7 "The Wrong One"

Use it to make Fairy Bells?

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

You can make yarn dolls. Or weave with it. Use it in rug hooking. Or make hair for dolls. Or tie knots & string beads to make necklaces.
      Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

needlebinding (viking form of knitting, with one big needle.) Braiding
        Nothing is too preposterous to be said by a philosopher (Falstaff Fakir 1886)

Comment

What does needlebinding look like and how do you do it?

Wildwood

Comment

I can't knit so I crochet
            I would also like to know what needlebinding looks like...

Comment

you can make those things where you glue two popsicle sticks together and weave the yarn around!

you can also make kitty toys!
              Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Comment

You can look at it gathering all that dust and ask..........What the heck was I gonna do with this yarn????

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
                It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
                Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

Originally posted by shnen
                    you can make those things where you glue two popsicle sticks together and weave the yarn around!

you can also make kitty toys!
                    the first thing is called a "godseye"

Old Witch, I am already a master of that!
                    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
                    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
                    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
                    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
                    flar7 "The Wrong One"

Comment

hey...

i remember making those (godseye) in elementry school...and now i can't remember how to make them....go figure

I love you oh, so well / Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
                      -Oh
                      Dave Matthews Band

Comment

When I was in High school, the school store sold these "Spirit Braids" made out of several strands of yarn from the school's colors, and they were worn to show school spirit and the money went to the Key Club to help with the work in the comuniity.

11 Year Member
                        Forum Guide for
                        Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

you can glue it to stuff in strands and make a picture!
                          *no eating the glue! *
                          Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Comment

oh yeah, and you can take a tin can and wrap the yarn around it to make a pencil holder:D
                            11 Year Member
                            Forum Guide for
                            Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Witch
                              You can look at it gathering all that dust and ask..........What the heck was I gonna do with this yarn????
                              They are great as dust catchers! :D
                              Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X