Yarn anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could tie it between two cans and make a telephone

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

The telephone thing could save some money..............

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
      It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
      Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

yeah, LOL oh here is another thing you can do,
        LOL

when I was a kid, there was this dude who would use yarn to section off his garden in the fall, and where the tomatoes were, just before it was time to dig up the plants and get ready to till the dirt, he would let us kids come and have "Tomatoe fights" he didnt mind scince the tomatoes added nutrients to the soil and come planting time, he would rotate his crops and put something else there,

It was fun
        11 Year Member
        Forum Guide for
        Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Comment

Which brings me too . . . you could use it to section off your garden--as in Square Foot Gardening (can't remember the author). My Mom does gardening that way :D

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

use it for bundling twigs???
            Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Comment

ever used fabric stiffener on yarn?
              ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
              Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
              my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
              T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
              flar7 "The Wrong One"

Comment

Yep, I have after it's in place. I've never sprayed it on before I've used it.

Comment

when you use it with starch you can come up with some facinating sculptures
                  Yes people are talking about you behind your back. That is where all the laughter is coming from.
                  Dear Lord, I pray for:
                  Wisdom, To understand a man Love, To forgive him and Patience, For his moods Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength
                  I'll just beat him to death. Amen!

Help support my girl scout http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...66#post4022166

msn [email protected] aim aangellmouse yahoo aangell_666

My second favorite place on the net is neopets if you want to check it out here is a link http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?u...e=aangellmouse

Comment

wildchild - the correct name for the technique is apparently not needlebinding (the swedish word translated) but these: knotless net, plain looping, button hole looping, simple loop interlocking

http://www.tordata.se/transtrand/dal...d/tekniken.jpg

this technique has been used in sweden since at least the 4th century. In the 17th century, ordinary knitting took over, but looping survived in isolated areas.
                    Nothing is too preposterous to be said by a philosopher (Falstaff Fakir 1886)

Comment

ah! Ok! I know what you're talking about now. We used to have a neighbour that did that. She called it looping. It was a new fun thing for me to learn. I still have my needle. She gave me a beautiful carved bone one.
                      Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

and what else do you mix your yarn with?
                        as in other mediums and stuff....

like wrapping it around branches tightly then dragging them
                        through paper pulp and let dry......that sorta stuff.
                        ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
                        Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
                        my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
                        T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
                        flar7 "The Wrong One"

Comment

Working...
                        X