Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you all been making?

Merry meet!

Just wondering what everyone has been making since we last met - I am currently finishing off a patchwork quilt for my niece (love patchwork, hate quilting), a cross stitch map of Cyprus for my beloved, knitted dolls clothes and a crocheted eagle.

So, that's me, what are you doing?
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Oh dear. Lots, I opened an Etsy shop a couple years ago selling soaps and candles and such. I've also gotten into home remedies and the like and am constantly on the lookout for crafts to do. Recently I made an autumn leaves mobile for my closet altar and the local group ran a workshop on bookbinding that was very fun.

I still have the knitted dolls you made me. Rhiannon got blessed on the altar at the blood moon ritual and Lugh lives in my gym bag <3 The other two are on my bookshelf.
    "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
    Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
    When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
    AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
    :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Comment

I've just been knitting practical things lately, hats and scarves. I have socks, mitts, gloves and a couple throws on the agenda now that winter is on it's way.

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted condition. There is no known cure & we are unable to determine how long you will have to live.
      LDMS

Comment

I haven't actually made much, but my mom gifted me a sewing machine recently, and once I find a place to set up camp, I'd like to delve into learning it. I have a cosplay of ChiChi I'm going to attempt, I have all the fabric and pattern for it.

I also would like to make some pillows. I sewed a pillow a long time ago (over a decade) for a class, so hopefully I can manage small pillows for the kids. =)
        Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
        my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Comment

I've got a pink shawl/lap blanket I'm knitting for the husband's step-mother, and am embroidering an image of Hekate and Helios (but that's been in the works for a year.)
          Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

And now you people have inspired me to start crocheting a scarf. Because I don't have enough to do!

Comment

OK - crocheted eagle done but not a huge success - looks more like a rubber chicken

Might have to dig out the knitted goddesses again!
              "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

Comment

I have one and a half hats knitted to donate to the homeless. Haven't really been spending much time on it and want to make several more. I set it aside to hem a couple of choir dresses for one granddaughter, yards and yards and two layers each, and had to take one up at the sides. After all that work I think she only wore one of them at the concert last night. But it was a great concert!
                Home is not a place, it's a feeling.

Comment

almost finished a crocheted lap blanket for my DIL for Christmas..1 almost down and soooo many to go ugghhh
                  [SIGPIC] Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Annorah View Post
                    OK - crocheted eagle done but not a huge success - looks more like a rubber chicken

Might have to dig out the knitted goddesses again!
                    You should put them up on you Etsy shop. I have some customers lined up for you! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                      You should put them up on you Etsy shop. I have some customers lined up for you! :-D
                      I take it that you mean the goddesses not the rubber chicken

I have never tried to sell them - they have always been gifted - never thought that there would be a market for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Annorah View Post
                        I take it that you mean the goddesses not the rubber chicken

I have never tried to sell them - they have always been gifted - never thought that there would be a market for them.
                        I did mean the goddesses, but you could try the chicken :-p

The goddesses might do ok. I love mine and knit/crochet dolls are pretty popular on Etsy these days. I love mine and mum loves hers. We know some people around who would want some.

But I mean, if you keep them as gifts to keep them special and meaningful, that's lovely too.
                        Last edited by October; October 10th, 2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I just crocheted a doll hat and scarf set because I'm supposed to be writing today.
                          Last edited by October; October 11th, 2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Yay! Quilt finished!!!!!!!! Got to love buttons SOOOOO much better than all that sewing!

Comment

I have just started to really get in to crocheting more than just scarves and blankets.
                              I recently made a Tardis hat and just finished a moose this evening!!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Doctor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	6167580
                              "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
                              "I don't need drugs to be strange"

- WokeUpDead

Comment

Working...
                              X