No announcement yet.

What have you all been making?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I'm seeing a Naiad (sea nymph) costume and making jewelry with metallic hot glue. I also have some water bottles to paint for a family trip

Comment

I am crocheting two graphghans. One for my son and one for my husband. Both are for Yule and I hope to be finishes by then. They are taking quite a long time.

Comment

I have a couple things in progress right now: A virustuch shawl, a snowflake cowl/scarf, a star blanket. All crochet. I was also attempting to make a bag for one of my tarot decks, but the only one I found that I liked... didn't have an actual pattern. It was something thrown together by someone and I couldn't make sense of it. ;_;

Comment

A blanket for dad, socks for me, and a cowl with kitty ears! all crochet.
          Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
          "While I dance I cannot judge,
          I cannot hate,
          I cannot seperate myself from life.
          I can only be joyful and whole.
          That is why I dance."
          --Hans Bos

Comment

Trying to finish a crochet Jeremy Corbyn for Lee's birthday next week. Also working on a 3D twelve pointed patchwork star (courtesy of the lovely Mary at our craft group) and, of course, there is still that blasted map of Cyprus to finish

Next project will probably be a quilt for my nephew for Christmas
            "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Comment

I'm currently making a staff. During a rare storm, a bolt of lightning knocked a HUGE branch off our sugar maple. It was long enough to make a staff for me and a walking stick for my aunt, and all the little branches will become wands one day. My staff took me 7 hours to strip of its bark, then I got it blessed at the full moon, along with the oil I made for it and the stones that will eventually be fit onto it. I'm still working on what the eventual design will be, but the journey is well fun enough. I know it's going to be a bardic staff to celebrate and help me on my poet path. Everything on it is specifically and hand chosen to symbolise and aide in creative work. I'm not rushing it. Everything will come together when it is meant to. It's a lesson in hard work and patience!
              "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
              Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
              When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
              AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
              :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

Comment

Would love to see a picture once you have it done! It sounds lovely.

Comment

Anyone making anything for Yule/Christmas?
                  "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win" - Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always - Gandhi

My friends worship the ground I walk on!

Comment

For Yule/Xmas I made a poinsettia tablerunner but it is not finished as handquilting takes a lot of time. Made some diy Yule coasters. Made 2 quilt fabric Xmas ornaments. Made a handsewn needle/pincushion. Made a start on Yule cards...
                    At Xmas got out the crochet needle and some Bernat Holiday Xmas yarn I have been looking at for years and started a small lap throw, each day I try to crochet 2 or 3 rows on it so far so good it is growing daily...

Comment

I managed to get a couple things done before Christmas, but didn't finish everything I wanted, so I now have a big backlog to work through What I finished: Star ornaments for everyone, a hedgehog amigurumi for my niece, a Diva Cup cozy for one of my good friends, a set of cat face coasters for my sister, and a dragonscale dice bag for my husband who doesn't need one but I thought it was cool anyway.

I still have a number of Amish Puzzle Balls to make for the kiddos, a blanket and some Pokeball amis for my brother & his boyfriend, a scarf or some kind of ami for my other brother, a scarf with a symbol from LOST on it for my brother-in-law, another Diva Cup cozy for an online friend (and maybe some smallish stuff for her niece and nephew), a big doily for my dad & his wife... and I need to finish the tree skirt I was making for my mom. x_X

Comment

My crochet yarn got tangled up so spent hours salvaging and rewinding afterwards did just half a row of stitches. Sorted out my quilt fabric stash I tend to keep smaller UFO's in the stash to remind myself of unfinished items. It is a small stash if I compare with what I see on quilting forums I sometimes visit. Found an infinity scarf of batik which maybe I will perhaps add some beads to it when weather is less gray/grey and light is better for beadwork.
                        Last edited by Morganite9Violet; December 30th, 2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Making a small journal cover with leftover scraps of quilt cotton fabrics.

Comment

I make and sell a plethora of magickal merchandise at my online shop, The Witch's Corner. My favorite thing to make, and something I'm working on today ironically enough, is Poppets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	6167672
                            Last edited by Amythyst; April 25th, 2018, 09:33 AM.
                            My Website:
                            The Witch's Corner
                            http://amythystraine.blogspot.com

My Blog:
                            Magickal Connections
                            http://wytchymystique.com

My Books:
                            click Here

Comment

Hand sewing small bags of quilt cotton for several junk journals I made.

Comment

Working...
                              X