No announcement yet.

What have you all been making?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it! I really need to sort my needlepoint projects so I can work on Yule presents.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Finally got to hand sew on one of the few large UFO/WIP a throw size bedcover which is not too big so can be used also whilst sitting in chair doing crafts. Is 2 layers of fabric no batting in between so not a quilt but I did quilt by hand here and there so it stays flat. The back is a fairly thick upholstery interior decorating fabric, I bought it from the remnant bin of shop way before DD so is more than 2 decades old. Is a cream off white fabric with sheen and embossed roses. The front is a combination of quilt fabrics in warm colors big blocks and one big floral of which I hand sew around a diagonal side of the florals and then cut away overlapping fabric. Perhaps I fussy cut a few loose flowers and applique on top one block that is a very simple pattern. I use different colors cotton quilt thread and the backside hand quilt around a few roses.

Comment

Few more yards of hand sewing today. Daylight is a bit less very grey skies.

Comment

Hand sewing lounge pillowcase, it is extra long pillowcase that fits two pillows next to each other. The back is cream muslin Kona and the front is part muslin and two different quilt cotton fabric strips similar colors.

Comment

I can't sew. I'm definitely impressed by those who can.

I haven't made anything in a while. October was very busy. I still haven't sorted out the needlepoint projects. I really need to get on that. I should also make a gift list.
            It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

I am from 1960 back then we girls got sewing lessons in elementary school.The boys had woodworking and small repairs. The girls had the hand sewing a skirt and a bag, crochet a potholder, knitting a soft toy, embroidery/needlework small sampler. I think now is the skills I use most.
              Small hands is ideal for learning. I have OA now and go slow and my stitching is a bit less even.
              Fun note. One of the surgeons who trains medical students in UK he complained he gets students who never held a needle in their life never sew anything and it is a problem.
              The light situation here in EU is dismal grey sky so no fine needlework. I did today a cover for my fabrics sampler journal.
              My new quilt cottons arrived from USA. I buy sampler packs for small things I hand sew.
              I visited New York as tourist in spring 1981 and it is now I see I was quite near the Garment district but I did not know that then. I did buy a tourist map but do not remember seeing it on it.

Comment

The threadsmagazine forum, if anyone is a member there, is the forum disabled?

Comment

Working...
                X