Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterns for a handbag?

Merry Meet.

I've been designing and making my own clothes for about a year now off and on, mainly t shirts and dresses, and I intend on making a lot more in the future. However I've never made a handbag, a friend of mine made her own and I'm wondering if you could direct me in the right direction as to where I could find a pattern for a small handbag with a zipper? Or perhaps just some tips? Advice? Or will I have to concoct my own creation? I'm sure I'm capable of it since I wanted something fairly simple but, I was hoping I could find something to help me out since it's my first time trying to make one.

Thanks to everyone who responds to this thread!

- Alex (Merryck)
    "I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint." - Frida Kahlo

"As I once was, you now are, as I am now, you will be." Memento Morte. - Massaccio.

One of my favorite handbags (and the one I got a lot of compliments on) was made out of a pair of my daughters jeans. I cut off the legs, sewed a zipper in the waist opening, and then sewed across the bottom where the legs had been. It had nifty pockets on the outside for my keys. I used the legs to make a shoulder strap. Have fun being creative.

Comment

oh yes, the blue jean bags are wonderful....
      Are you looking for something to sew on a sewing machine or to crochet or knit?

Here's some links

Better Home & Garden index

Sewing resourse guide

Search for patterns...

another search...

Hope this helps...

No Regrets!
      Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
      "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
      ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
      Welcome to my World!
      Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

Comment

The best thing would be to go to thrift stores and find some you like and tear them apart. Pay attention to how it comes apart. This is how I have been able to make very ornate beaded things.
        I have duct tape and I'm not afraid to use it!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X