Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPegasus
    replied
    that's really rough. i hate to see stuff like that. There are some people out there that seem to hoard horses... it's awful. if you can't afford them, find someone who can.

of course the big problem, IMO is the people who are breeding irresponsibly...

Leave a comment:

• Xanion
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanti View Post
    With the economy horses are in dire need as many owners are just unable to take care of them. People are even resorting to dumping them on other farms and out right turning them loose. Its a major problem right now all over.
    Even horse rescues are having trouble taking care of the over load.

Its sad but a reality.

Hopefully these horses may be lucky enough to find homes.

Ugh, tell me about it. I know one lady who has horses randomly show up in her field. People just dump them off when she isn't home.

And thanks, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• watersprite
    replied
    In all their sadness
    to no longer roam
    Gaia, please find you creatures
    a loving home!

Leave a comment:

• Shanti
    replied
    With the economy horses are in dire need as many owners are just unable to take care of them. People are even resorting to dumping them on other farms and out right turning them loose. Its a major problem right now all over.
    Even horse rescues are having trouble taking care of the over load.

Its sad but a reality.

Hopefully these horses may be lucky enough to find homes.

Leave a comment:

• Cunae
    replied
    I spent ten yrs in Maryland. I am thinking if I know someone (who might know someone) who can help out!

Leave a comment:

• Xanion
    started a topic Horses in need of help

Horses in need of help

I was on Craigslist and found this ad:

Hi!

Thanks for looking at my posting. I am not selling anything, but I am in real need of some help from some kind horse people. I went out last night to look at some horses that need homes, and found them in appalling conditions. They are basically loose in what amounts to a parkinglot with very little grass, little hay, no water half the time... and they are all super skinny. Apparently baltimore county has been out before, but nothing has been done about them...so I don't have much hope for them being seized, as they 'technically' have food, water and shelter (which amounts to a sort of garage that looks like it'll cave in at any moment.) Most of them are maybe a three on the body scale... ribs and hipbones everywhere.

I looked at one last night, and he had super flat front feet... looked like his hooves had never been trimmed. By the pictures I sent to my farrier, he says that the coffin bone has rotated, and that he's probably lame, but if someone had room for a companion horse, he is super sweet and very easy to handle. The others all have fantastic personalities, and are apparently ridable (all need some farrier work done)...they just need homes. They all came over and wanted to be petted and loved on... they don't get nearly any attention at all and are desperate for it.

If you can't help out with a forever home, these guys all need shots and coggins too. I know it's a lot to ask in these crappy economic times, but if there's a kind veterinarian out there who would be willing to perhaps give a discount or do some vet work for free, these guys really need it. Or, if there's someone who would donate some shots, that would be totally awesome. I am probably going to take one myself (I was hoping for a better prognosis for the boy with the bad feet, but I can only afford two horses, and they need to be ridable...I already have a 15 yr old TWH).

Most of these horses don't even have names, which makes me sad. I almost cried when I went out there to see them. I wish I could take them all away from this awful place, but I am a college student, so I am pushing my own budget to be able to afford the second horse. Most of them look pretty young (4 or 5 years +), and they are mostly gaited horses, and what look like quarters and quarter crosses. They are in desperate need of grooming as well, so if you can't do anything else, maybe you could donate some of your time to come and brush one or two of these animals...just spend time with them...

They are also halterless, so if you have any old ones laying around, they might be useful...or any old rain sheets...thrush buster...ect.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

They're located in Maryland. The horses are free, so if anyone is interested in taking one in or helping in any other way, please PM me.
Working...
X