This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Offenders in your Neighborhood?

I received this link in an email from someone at freecycle.org and wanted to pass it on.
    By entering in your zip code you can find out if there are any sex offenders in your area.
    My search came back with around ten within only a couple of miles from me. A couple of them right down the street.

http://www.criminalcheck.com/

GAK!!!!!!! There's 6 of them right here:collapse: In a town of only 300+ people!

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog:hahugh:

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
    AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
    VMAQ1
    Semper Fi!

Comment

I'm afraid to click!

**eta**

OK, you knew I was going to do it. There are 6 listed, but one is a duplicate. None near my house (thank god). BUT, just in case I was having any second thoughts about transferring my kids to another school....their "new" bus stop is within 2 blocks of one of the "people" (I use that term very very loosely) on that list!!!! How could they have a bus stop 2 blocks from a known level 3 offender!!!!????!?!?!?!
      Last edited by Tzhebee; August 31st, 2005, 03:40 PM.
      Personal Blog comments always welcome
      Misc Pics

Missing my widdle Soweluitachakitabonitamommika

Comment

I have one a few doors down from me, but upon closer look the guy was 16 the girl was 13 and they are now 26 and 23 and married, to each other. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzhebee
          I'm afraid to click!

**eta**

OK, you knew I was going to do it. There are 6 listed, but one is a duplicate. None near my house (thank god). BUT, just in case I was having any second thoughts about transferring my kids to another school....their "new" bus stop is within 2 blocks of one of the "people" (I use that term very very loosely) on that list!!!! How could they have a bus stop 2 blocks from a known level 3 offender!!!!????!?!?!?!
          because the school systems are all screwed up nowadays!

Comment

I looked on my sheriffs website and there are about 6 where I live. None are level 3. Most are level one...there might be one level 2. I know one of them listed is a 14 year old boy-- I guess he was "playing house" with a younger girl...I don't know if it was that innocent or what but he's listed. I think it happened when he was 12...

Comment

Originally posted by Sowelu
              I received this link in an email from someone at freecycle.org and wanted to pass it on.
              By entering in your zip code you can find out if there are any sex offenders in your area.
              My search came back with around ten within only a couple of miles from me. A couple of them right down the street.

http://www.criminalcheck.com/
              ACK! 16 of them in my zip! The wierd part is that they live in clumps! 4 live on one road, 3 on another, and 3 on another, then, the others are scattered, none on my street, but one on an intersecting road.....

Dont' say things never change! Everything changes....some people just choose not to see the difference.

Comment

Those registries do suck in one way...some people are on that list that got in trouble for being 18 and having a 17 yr old for a partner.
                :boing:

Comment

Originally posted by Shanti
                  Those registries do suck in one way...some people are on that list that got in trouble for being 18 and having a 17 yr old for a partner.

Well I know where I live the sheriff Dept has a special Sex Offender search engine. Those of you searching that one link might want to see if locally you have a search, because on mine it tells the name, location, age of offense, case number, and crimes.
                  Try searching on Yahoo: [your county/city] sheriff sex offender list/search
                  Or just on onto their website and look around.

PLUS: that link above says there are none for both my home and PO box zip codes and I know there are-- six or more.
                  Last edited by Agaliha; August 31st, 2005, 04:32 PM.

Comment

26 came up just with the search of my zip code, but I know there's more in the county and surounding areas because I routinely run a check anyways.

"Go out and go after the things in life you love."-Hank Williams Jr

"I've always been different with one foot over the line
                    Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
                    It ain't been so easy but I guess I shouldn't complain
                    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane"- Waylon Jennings

Comment

There is one living in my trailer park and it pisses me off. He's not on ANY of the registries, and the park owner doesn't care. My kids aren't allowed out alone. I found out because one of my neighbors knew, and I looked it up on the prison listings, but it's not on the sex offender lists nor is it recorded w/ local police. He got busted for sex w/ a minor. Yet I see him playing with young kids all the time. It sickens me.

Comment

In my zip there are 81.
                        "An artist is above all a human being, profoundly human to the core. If the artist can’t feel everything that humanity feels, if the artist isn’t capable of loving until he forgets himself and sacrifices himself if necessary, if he won’t put down his magic brush and head the fight against the oppressor, then he isn’t a great artist." - Diego Rivera

Comment

81!!!!!!
                          May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonKnight
                            In my zip there are 81.
                            DAMN! That is a lot! Find your police/sheriff's website and see if they have a database that was you know what their crimes were for and what level they are!

That is scary!

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedFeathers
                              DAMN! That is a lot! Find your police/sheriff's website and see if they have a database that was you know what their crimes were for and what level they are!
                              Michigan has a database here. They even include pictures of the offenders.

That is scary!
                              Hell yeah it is, I've got three little girls to worry about.
                              "An artist is above all a human being, profoundly human to the core. If the artist can’t feel everything that humanity feels, if the artist isn’t capable of loving until he forgets himself and sacrifices himself if necessary, if he won’t put down his magic brush and head the fight against the oppressor, then he isn’t a great artist." - Diego Rivera

Comment

Working...
                              X