Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex Offenders in your Neighborhood?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Miabella View Post
    Ok I tried to see if there was any offenders in my town but this works only from people in the USA. I am shocked to find out if I wanted to look anyone up in my town, In Ontario in Canada it wont let me. This is quite shocking because I never knew this before. Sex Offenders are actually protected in my country *Grrrr
    Same here in the UK.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Miabella View Post
      Ok I tried to see if there was any offenders in my town but this works only from people in the USA. I am shocked to find out if I wanted to look anyone up in my town, In Ontario in Canada it wont let me. This is quite shocking because I never knew this before. Sex Offenders are actually protected in my country *Grrrr
      Hmm I heard that was because a group of men took vigalante justice upon several offenders.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Sacredsin View Post
        Hmm I heard that was because a group of men took vigalante justice upon several offenders.
        Oh well this i dont know but I am sure they had no right but still I find it horrible that you dont know who is in your neighbour hood. I remeber when i would younger I used to try to be friends with all the kids on my block and we would drive our bikes up and down our street with no care or worry. Now a days you have to be extre careful. Tis a pity...
        Miabella
        ~Para Sempre~




        Click on me so I can Grow

        Please

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Miabella View Post
          Oh well this i dont know but I am sure they had no right but still I find it horrible that you dont know who is in your neighbour hood. I remeber when i would younger I used to try to be friends with all the kids on my block and we would drive our bikes up and down our street with no care or worry. Now a days you have to be extre careful. Tis a pity...
          I did a quick google and unfortunately came up with nothing. It was what I was told though. This is why I'm glad I know who lives around me but for you all..the mounties have it all under control. I think I'd hate that.

          Comment


          • #95
            Of the three people shown, they all live in my neighborhood.
            This 60 something year old man who Ella and I help with gardening had molested a five year old girl and a 16 year old girl in Florida when he was in his thirties.

            I feel so....sick.....

            Thank you so much for this link, we won't be visiting anymore.
            Such a nice guy too, he makes us peach cobbler and we eat on his patio after gardening. My 11 year old sister watches his black lab when he goes to visit his brother in Florida...

            He's using a name that's under his alias as well.
            Last edited by iceskater12; February 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM.

            Click on the eggs!!



            sigpic







            Comment


            • #96
              There are a lot in my zip code, but the closest to my house is like 5 miles away...which yeah that's still pretty close.

              I knew what the list looked like though, back in 2006 when my wife and I were looking at houses, checking the registry was one of the things we did for each house we looked at.

              I also did a check for my home town in Ohio too (since two of my kids live there with my ex), and there are quite a few there too. One of them is like 3 doors down from my Mom...bleh!

              I always keep an eye on the list though...when I lived in Illinios a few years ago, we lived in a house that had once been owned by a person that was registered.

              I also, found a guy on a list down here, that I had been stationed with on a ship I used to be on.
              "Some people would rather die than think, in fact many do so." - B. Russell

              "Punishments inflicted with signs of anger are useless." - I Kant

              "Can't you see what's plain as day,
              It's always been there inside of you.
              One saving grace that's hard to face.
              Embracing the truth will change your fate.
              It's up to you and the path you choose,
              To be led to the slaughter or lead the way.
              The quest for light, a worthwhile fight
              Will you have what it takes?
              Come what may." - J Schaffer

              Comment


              • #97
                There are 22 listed for my town and all live within 2 miles of me. The closest 5 are currently in jail a block away from my house at this time. Most seem to live within 10 or fewer blocks from me. Considering the size of this town that is scary but at least I already knew about a few of them. The sad thing is that I know of at least 3 more that aren't on that list that should be.

                Bound by reason yet from here to there I travel alone waiting to see, smell, feel, taste, hear that which will egnite my soul into an existance that means something.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My hope is that when my time comes to leave this life that I have positively enhanced more lives with my existance than blemished.

                Comment

                Working...
                X