No announcement yet.

A Basement bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only suggestions pertain to the locations of the room...
    I know that if I were the one with a basement room, I would like to A) have at least one window in the room, and B) want to be as far away from the stairs as possible, to allow for maximum privacy.
    “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” ~ Angelina Jolie

Comment

This is an awesome idea. When I was growing up I had a finished room in the basement that was pretty much my little nest of crazy. I loved it. I still miss it.

Comment

I'd say make sure she has extra blankets in the winter. I'm downstairs too, and even in a raised ranch with a fully finished basement, its easily 15 to 20 degrees colder down there in teh winter months.
        --------------------------------
        "There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything" -byron

Comment

Originally posted by mephistopheles View Post
          I'd say make sure she has extra blankets in the winter. I'm downstairs too, and even in a raised ranch with a fully finished basement, its easily 15 to 20 degrees colder down there in teh winter months.
          I'm a bit luckier. The steam pipes run through my apartment first, so that I get heat before anyone else does. Even though I'm in the basement, its always nice and toasty in winter and cool in summer.

Comment

Originally posted by SphinYote View Post
            I'm a bit luckier. The steam pipes run through my apartment first, so that I get heat before anyone else does. Even though I'm in the basement, its always nice and toasty in winter and cool in summer.
            Well, aren't you lucky. I only get heat if we haven't turned the oven on upstairs and heated it up up there >.<
            --------------------------------
            "There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything" -byron

Comment

Well it seems that she changed her mind so none of my plans came to be sooo I guess I will wait till after we move and get a better place and try again

Thank you for all your responses.
              SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

The bedroom in the basement is an interesting idea. But you should think about additional heating in the winter and air in the summer. In the basement there is pretty poor ventilation, so you probably need air conditioning or a fan for a comfortable sleep. Personally, I don't really like air conditioners, they dry the air too much and lower the temperature too much if they aren't properly configured. In my childhood I had an old fan, recently my wife and I decided to buy a more modern model to our bedroom. I read more info about this on the portal . There are very good wall models. They are all silent or create white noise, which helps to fall asleep faster.

Comment

Working...
                X