Riding mower recommendation for hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding mower recommendation for hills

Hi there!! I need a durable riding lawn mover for hill that can handle difficult hills and narrow places. I need to mow about an acre with a 30 degree slope and another acre in a garden area. ince I will only use the equipment to mow the lawn, I would like to avoid spending a considerable amount of money.My own research shows that to meet my requirements, I need at least one JD 500 or Kubota GR 2110 series. Can anyone confirm my research and / or offer alternatives?
    thanks,
    Last edited by Marilynchildress; March 6th, 2019, 09:31 AM.

I have to peek at the one we have in our garage. My Hubs bought himself a riding mower and we also have a slope in our backyard. I'll try to get you the model of it. I just know it's red.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Marilynchildress View Post
      Hi there!! I need a durable riding lawn mover for hill that can handle difficult hills and narrow places. I need to mow about an acre with a 30 degree slope and another acre in a garden area. ince I will only use the equipment to mow the lawn, I would like to avoid spending a considerable amount of money.My own research shows that to meet my requirements, I need at least one JD 500 or Kubota GR 2110 series. Can anyone confirm my research and / or offer alternatives?
      thanks,
      Important to notice: how much acreage do you have?
      Virtually any brand name riding mower has enough power to go up and down a moderate incline. Any idea the angle of incline? Whatever it is, if you go up in wet weather, never a good idea, it's quite possible your tires will slip on the wet grass.

Unless your yard is several acres, or very small something in the 42" deck size and 17 HP range should be fine.

Sometimes Home Depot or Lowes have 'reconditioned' mowers a discount. People sometimes return them for a minor problem, like a flat tire or a loose bolt. The repair is usually noted on a tag.

More important than brand name to me, is the engine. For example, a lot of Cub Cadet riding mowers I see in Home Depot have the low end Briggs Powerbilt engine, a less expensive price competitive model reportedly not so strong as other Briggs engines.

Well, that's about it.
      Last edited by thebouncer; August 27th, 2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

thanks,
        I highly recommend that you consider purchasing one of our mowers that are supplied internationally, even though we specifically supply premium commercial zero turn ride on Lawn Mowers to the New Zealand market.

If you need any advice on Walker Ride-on Mowers or resources, I recommend that you visit our website for further details.

Jo-Anne
        Last edited by Walker Mowers - NZ; July 3rd, 2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X