No announcement yet.

Would you eat it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, before refrudgerators were commonly in homes, oh 40 to 50 years ago, all left overs were left on the counter (or the pantry) and eaten on for days.

Of course, that was before perservatives, allergies, sinuses, food allergies, and other things that rule our lives today. So, could your grandmother eat it and not get sick? - Likely. Could you eat it without getting sick? - Likely not. Could someone in an undeveloped country eat it and not get sick? - Most definately (thier immunities are much stronger than ours).
    Better Days,

Sun Sprite

Comment

frankly.. yeah I would. heat it throughly to kill anything that is in it.
      Mitakuye Oyasin

Comment

heheh, not me, I won't eat it! If I have to think about it, it's probably not worth the risk. LOL

Did that once, sat there and deliberated over it, then thought of the consequences...
        PS: the consequences won me over!

Comment

What does everybody learn in their Nutrition Class...
          WHEN IN DOUBT THROW IT OUT.
          I wouldn't eat it, especially since the meat sat out all night.
          "Live simply so that others may simply live." - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Sprite View Post
            You know, before refrudgerators were commonly in homes, oh 40 to 50 years ago, all left overs were left on the counter (or the pantry) and eaten on for days.
            You have a good point.

Many have theorized that having to eat the same mutton stew 3 days in a row in August heat may have been what drove whoever killed Lizzie Borden's father and step-mother to do the deed.
            Just sayin'.
            “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.
            Cheerfully providing the loyal opposition

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

I've been ghosted by ~Elise~

www.fisherhouseboston.org

Comment

My "motto" on this type of thing is "don't risk it". You can always buy/make more soup. Wasting a bit of money is much better than getting sick.

The sun is far away... It goes in circles.
              Someone dies.. Someone lives. In pain.
              It is burning, into the thin air;
              Of the nature, of a culture..
              On the dark side..
              Under the moon..
              the wolves gather..

Comment

Years ago I worked with an ex-soldier from Greenfield, Ind. US Army Jungle Warfare Unit. He said when they trained in Panama they ate beef that had been sitting in the jungle heat for a week. He said beef putred beef will not kill you, IF you can eat it & keep it down you can live on it. But i'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                X