Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tofu Recipes!

Merry meet!
    I have finally got my fiancee hooked on the idea of eating tofu and other vegetarian dishes instead of poor dead animals! I am excited to finally start eating more healthy and vegetarian. But first, we need some recipes for our new tofu meals, can anyone help us?

(Also, if you have any other vegetarian-like meals recipes post those too.)

blessed be-
    Autumn-Forest
    Our bible is the Wind and the Rain

Love, light, peace, & blessings to all

OPEN FOR READINGS NOW!Get Your Readings Here!

Originally posted by Autumn-Forest View Post
    Merry meet!
    I have finally got my fiancee hooked on the idea of eating tofu and other vegetarian dishes instead of poor dead animals! I am excited to finally start eating more healthy and vegetarian. But first, we need some recipes for our new tofu meals, can anyone help us?

blessed be-
    Autumn-Forest
    Merry Meet!

Wonderful to meet another vegetarian!

Okay, tofu. Here is something tasty and nutricious and quick.

TOFU BREAKFAST SANDWICH
    It is what I make for breakfast most mornings. For a single serving I mix 2 tablesspoons of firm tofu in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of flax seed powder and 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (or pecans or both). Mix well and spread on two pieces of whole wheat bread for a sandwich. If your husband needs more flavor you can add 1 teaspoon of organic nut butter like almond butter or soy nut butter. To make this for two people double the recipe and use 4 slices of bread.

Other suggestions for vegetarian meals would be Amy's brand soups and frozen foods, from ethnic foods to fabulous pizza, lasagna, all organic. I just love that brand, and you can find it at many grocery stores that carry organic food. I live in South Carolina, and we have a grocery store chain down here called Publix that has a wonderful health food section.

Here is my favorite soup...

VEGETABLE BEAN SOUP
    Dump one can of Amy's organic "3 Bean & Pasta" soup in a corningware bowl. Add 1/2 cup organic kidney beans (my favorite brand of organic beans is Eden's), 1/2 cup organic pinto beans, 2 medium squash cubed. Put in the microwave on High for 9 minutes (if your microwave gets really hot, you'll need less time to boil the soup).

Hope this helps! Happy cooking
    xoxo
    Laura Stamps
    Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
    http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
    http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Comment

I had a great recipe using silken tofu instead of cream cheese in a baked cheesecake. it was delicious. I've lost the recipe but basically i replace the cream cheese with tofu in recipes I find and it's great. also it is so low fat and FULL of protein!
      Come visit my Blog

Comment

I like to buy medium or firm tofu, cut it into cubes and marinate it overnight in whatever sauce strikes my fancy. Then you can stirfry it until it's golden with some yummie veggies and sprouts and make some brown rice for the side.
        So delicious.

Or, blend it up with some chickpeas, tomatoes, ground carrots and whatever seasonings to make a thick and tasty vegitarian spaghetti sauce.
        (I used to sneak that one onto my 'non-vegetarian' friends and families plates and they all thought it was delicious, didn't even notice there wasn't meat!).

Silken tofu tastes amazing with fresh fruit blended into a smoothie, or there are a whole bunch of cheesecake like recipies like the one blueangel is talking about.

Just be adventurous and have fun. You really can't go wrong with Tofu products because they just take on the flavour of what you mix them with.

:D enjoy.

Oh yeah and if you're not eating eggs, use bananas in baking.
        1 medium mashed banana per 2 eggs. (and you can keep them in the freezer between uses, perfect for bruised up fruit that no one is going to eat).

Hope that gives you some ideas.
        Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn-Forest View Post
          Merry meet!

Here are some of my favorites using Amy's frozen dinners. Great for when you are in a a hurry or you are a microwave cook, like me!

TOFU LASAGNA (single serving)
          In a corningware bowl I put 1/2 cup frozen peas and 1/2 cup organic pinto beans and spread on the bottom. Then I place one frozen Amy's Vegetarian Lasagna (it is mostly spinach and tofu and veggies) on top of the peas and beans mixture. I slice a bunch of black olives and layer them on top of the lasagna. Then cover with the glass lid and cook on HIGH in the microwave for 9 minutes. Fantastic!

FRESH SPINACH PIZZA (for two)
          I put a frozen Amy's Cheese pizza on a microwaveable plate. Cover with chopped fresh spinach, black olives, peas, whatever you feel like at the moment. Cook on HIGH in the microwave for 5 minutes (just pop it in there uncovered). I usually serve a vegetable medley along with this that has some kind of beans in it for a protein source. I cut the pizza into 4 even slices and it is enough for two people.
          xoxo
          Laura Stamps
          Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
          http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
          http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Comment

I use tofu in soups. I like ramen noodle soup with small cubes of tofu and some frozen corn kernals and/or a chopped up scallion (just be aware the noodles are high in fat and the seasoning packet is high in sodium). I also chop up larger pieces of tofu and cook them in Campbell's tomato soup, usually with some frozen peas thrown in. I also make a crock pot curry with random chopped veggies (cauliflower is always good), tofu, chick peas, and season it with curry paste and low(er) fat coconut milk, and some broth. I make it in the morning and let it stew on low all day so I don't have to cook in the evening, but you could also make this on the stove top.

Comment

Check out http://vegweb.com and a join a few vegetarian forums. You'll get tons of ideas there. Good luck with your vegetarianism!

-Be Witchy- -Be Cute- -Live Happy-

Comment

Working...
              X