Serrano chilis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serrano chilis

Anyone know of anything yummy I can make with serrano chili's? Mu hubby just harvested his first bunch and they are so pretty; please, don't let them go to waste!!!!!!! Help!!!
    "Another stubborn Scorpio..."

"I seem to be having an 'out of money' experience".

"We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know."
    By : W.h. Auden

Who replaced my broom with a mop?

chili, all sorts of mexican dishes, and all kinds of Thai dishes as well as sechuan meals... anything you would use dry or podwered chili peppers. they are pretty hot.. start off with 1 per dish... and work up to 1 per eater if you like things pretty hot.

you can easily dry them in 2 ways.
    1. place whole on a food dehydrator... and off you go.
    2. sting up and place in a cool dry place.

when dry just crush as needed.

DON'T try to cut them up for drying.. the fumes will drive you mad and you will end up gettign some in your eyes.(agony!)

they will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks

pm me if you want some recipes. they are a stable in our diet...
    Mitakuye Oyasin

Comment

Roast them!! You can make some amazing things with roasted chilis, including a roasted chili / goat cheese chutney that you will just fall over and die for when spread over crackers.
      ~NITEFALLE~
      Pagan Tart, High Priestess of the Soli-Tarty Path

My heroes have always been cowboys, and they still are, it seems
      Always in search of, and one step in back of,
      Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams
      ~Willie Nelson~

sigpic

Comment

Wow. I hope you like eating firey foods.. Serrano chilis are seriously hot.

Here are a few recipe sites I found. It looks like you could freeze or pickle them as well. Good luck!

http://www.webwonks.org/Hobbies/Peppers/Recipes.html
        http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/chile.html
        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Working...
        X