Natural peanut butter, runny sauce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural peanut butter, runny sauce.

About 6 months ago, running out of food in the apartment, I did an allrecipes.com search using, I don't remember..."peanut butter" and "soy sauce." It gave me this recipe for peanut butter noodles. Normally, we prefer "natural" peanut butter, but I had some Skippy-like substance around and used it in case the recipe turned out to suck.

Well, the recipe definitely does not suck. It's become a big favorite in our house.

But here's the thing: although the sauce tastes much better with natural peanut butter, the consistency is so much thicker and and creamier with the more processed variety. Is this because of the extra goop they add to keep it from separating? And does anyone have any suggestions about how to keep the natural peanut butter but ditch the soupy consistency?

Thanks much!
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

You could try throwing some cornstarch in with the sauce ingredients. That might work as a binder.
    sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Mmm that does sound yummy.

You could try adding a small tsp of cornflour with some water to help the sauce stick together and be better combined. If you mix it with water, it stops lumps forming in the sauce.
      Come visit my Blog

Comment

When we buy natural peanut butter we put it in the blender with lesithen (sp?) so it doesn't seperate. you could try this, or you could put the amount you need for the recipe into the blender to mix very well.

Comment

Oooh. Good suggestions. Thanks, y'all.
          If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
          helps you feel your life protects you,
          cradles you and connects you to everything.
          Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

Working...
          X