Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally excellent tomato juice on the cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally excellent tomato juice on the cheap!

Visiting a friend yesterday, I couldn't help but notice how great his tomato juice was.

He told me his secret. He doesn't buy tomato juice at all! He buys tomatoe paste and mixes it three cans of water to one can of tomato paste in his blender and then adds salt and pepper to taste. You might like a bit more water. YES, you must use a blender to make it smoth and creamy.

How neat. Not only is it cheaper but it takes so much less room in your cupboard.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sometimes I think "right-to-lifers" only value life if it agrees with them. A fetus can't talk, therefore... it can't offend you with its belief system or looks. It can't tell you it will never go to your church, believe in your god, or exist in your socio-economic class.

A potential child is adorable until it actually exists. Then it's just another object of your scorn. Another despicable product of a broken home, unwed mother, or family that's so large it can't take care of itself.
    EgwayneR

"I consider myself a Kentuckian first, and an American second. My ethnic background, religion, and politics are secondary to the fact that I am a Louisvillian and a Kentuckian. Kentucky is my country, and it shall always be my home, just as my friends will ever remain my extended family.To nothing else in my life will I ever be so resolutely and steadfastly committed." …. Louisvillian

Yep, I've done that before.

I've also wondered about using tomato sauce and a little bit of cornstarch to make tomato soup. Has anyone tried that? It would be at least half the price of the canned soups and about half the sodium too.

Comment

Awesome. :boing:
      Can't wait to try that, and maybe a home version of V8:drool:
      Don't mind the rambilings of a Gemini....We've learned not to!:shift:

"You have NO Power over Me" Labyrinth

Thank You Catiana for my Beautiful Banners:fpraise: :fpraise: :fpraise: My banners ran away........

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEyedWolf View Post
        Awesome. :boing:
        Can't wait to try that, and maybe a home version of V8:drool:
        Yep! He and I discussed that, too. I am up for trying it and I think it will be quite good.

Think how much less this will weigh to lug into the house and store away. Great!
        Last edited by SSanf; May 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM.

Sometimes I think "right-to-lifers" only value life if it agrees with them. A fetus can't talk, therefore... it can't offend you with its belief system or looks. It can't tell you it will never go to your church, believe in your god, or exist in your socio-economic class.

A potential child is adorable until it actually exists. Then it's just another object of your scorn. Another despicable product of a broken home, unwed mother, or family that's so large it can't take care of itself.
        EgwayneR

"I consider myself a Kentuckian first, and an American second. My ethnic background, religion, and politics are secondary to the fact that I am a Louisvillian and a Kentuckian. Kentucky is my country, and it shall always be my home, just as my friends will ever remain my extended family.To nothing else in my life will I ever be so resolutely and steadfastly committed." …. Louisvillian

Comment

Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
          Yep, I've done that before.

I've also wondered about using tomato sauce and a little bit of cornstarch to make tomato soup. Has anyone tried that? It would be at least half the price of the canned soups and about half the sodium too.
          That is sort of how I make tomato soup from fresh tomato juice. Use a bit of corn starch.

EgwayneR

Comment

LOL.... SURE, COME UP WITH THAT NOW! I've been lugging home cans of tomato juice for soup and chili all winter!
            We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
            (\_/) (\_/)
            (O.o) ( _ )
            (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
            Green Room Forum Guide
            The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Cindlady2 View Post
              LOL.... SURE, COME UP WITH THAT NOW! I've been lugging home cans of tomato juice for soup and chili all winter!
              That's how I figured this all out years ago. I like my chili a bit thicker and didn't want to wait all day for the liquid to cook away, so I started using tomato sauce instead of tomato juice. Makes it more tomato-ey, eh. :hahugh:

Comment

Working...
              X