any recipes for oat-O's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any recipes for oat-O's?

i have a zillion boxes of Cheerios and other generic oat-O's. we're sick of eating bowls of cereal ... what else can i make with them? i'm wondering if they could be substituted for oats if ground up? thanks!

Originally posted by sadako View Post
    i have a zillion boxes of Cheerios and other generic oat-O's. we're sick of eating bowls of cereal ... what else can i make with them? i'm wondering if they could be substituted for oats if ground up? thanks!
    Well, you could probably do that, you just have to remember that you are REPROCESSING already processed oats. Your best bet is to mix small amount of them in with recipes that call for oats. A big box of Old fashioned oats will go a lot farther and makes FABULOUS meatloaf and stuffing to stretch any meat, if you are not vegetarian, cooking for small children who cannot and should not be forced to make that decision while their bones are still growing.
    I bet you could look up recipes for cheerios and find them all over, in the meantime, or put them in with your "granola" mixture.

Comment

I actually found a cheerios websites with all kind of recipes. Nutricious ones from what I could see.
      Good luck to you

Comment

We've replaced other cereals with Cheerios in bars - like rice crispy squares. Just put in the same amount of Cheerios as you would Rice Krispies.

I also have another recipe for a different square, but can't seem to find the cook book. Will get back to you with the recipe.

Comment

Working...
        X