No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 been soup made with maple bacon and pork tenderloin and honey biscuits.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

• Hubby has asked for chili for over a week so chili it is.
      We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
      (\_/) (\_/)
      (O.o) ( _ )
      (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
      Green Room Forum Guide
      The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

• Tonight's dinner will be stir fried beef with scallions over rice
        "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
        Run free and catch the rabbits
        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I want to eat at Witch Jezebels house......sounds good!
          we are having sausage, mash and beans!!:fpraise: lol
          connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• It is my day off. I am making a pot roast with celery potatoes and carrots, gravy, and a tossed salad. I made a blueberry custard for desert.
            “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years”

Thomas Wolfe

Comment

• Haven't decided for tonight.

Last night was rice noodles covered with a sauce/stew of beef, mild salsa, tomato sauce, beans, mild kimchee, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, black pepper, tumeric, and a bit of "mystery seasoning" (something orange and salty from a jar that used to be in a paper envelope but needed to be in a watertight container.).

And white cheddar goat cheese to the side.

And dried white figs.

And a small mug of red wine.

Was very good. Spicy.

:mmm:

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
              Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• homemade creamy veggie soup and rolls

Comment

• I think it's time to make some homemade chili! My secret ingredient is a bottle of beer like Spaten Optimator.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
                  ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Lemongrass chicken over jasmine rice. The chicken is marinating right now (in honey, soy sauce and ginger)

Comment

• taco bell tonight

So tie me to a post and block my ears
                      I can see widows and orphans through my tears
                      I know my call despite my faults
                      And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
                      And I won't let you choke
                      On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
                      And I will change my ways
                      I'll know my name as it's called again
                      ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

• Originally posted by Anais Star View Post
                        Lemongrass chicken over jasmine rice. The chicken is marinating right now (in honey, soy sauce and ginger)
                        That sounds good; maybe I'll do something like that later in the week.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Tonight is baked ziti with spinach and sausage.

R.I.P. MiLo
                          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Baked brie.
                            For dipping: sliced apples, sliced pears, blackberries, french bread.
                            A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
                            -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Comment

• Tonight is roasted chicken, steamed green beans and I'm not sure about the starch; maybe I'll roast some potatoes with the chicken. It's going to be a busy week since we're so close to Thanksgiving now, and I need easy dinners that I don't have to prep too much for or really watch so I can get other things done.

R.I.P. MiLo
                              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Last night we had pork braised with shallots, fresh fennel and orange slices. It could have used a bit more orange. Seasoned buttered noodles and mixed veggies. Nice easy supper.
                                We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                                (\_/) (\_/)
                                (O.o) ( _ )
                                (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                                Green Room Forum Guide
                                The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...