No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was gonna be bangers and mash. But we had no spuds so I did ovenchips instead. Then I found out that there's a difference between sausages and bangers so will never say bangers again. So sausage, chips and peas with gravy. We're poor and it's nearly payday, this is what I resort to at the end of the month.

Fishfingers tonight. Might have to be in sandwiches lol
    Robert Browning
    Porphyria's Lover
    THE rain set early in to-night,
    The sullen wind was soon awake,
    It tore the elm-tops down for spite,
    And did its worst to vex the lake:
    I listen'd with heart fit to break.
    When glided in Porphyria; straight
    She shut the cold out and the storm,
    And kneel'd and made the cheerless grate
    Blaze up, and all the cottage warm;

:cheers:

SO FUNNY - http://www.devilducky.com/media/32904/

pentacle magazine (click for link)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormwt View Post
      Last night was gonna be bangers and mash. But we had no spuds so I did ovenchips instead. Then I found out that there's a difference between sausages and bangers so will never say bangers again. So sausage, chips and peas with gravy. We're poor and it's nearly payday, this is what I resort to at the end of the month.

Fishfingers tonight. Might have to be in sandwiches lol
      There's a difference between sausages and bangers? Guess I'll have to do a google.

We always have mac & cheese with our fish sticks (fish fingers). And homemade tartar sauce for the fish. It's like a family tradition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
        There's a difference between sausages and bangers? Guess I'll have to do a google.

We always have mac & cheese with our fish sticks (fish fingers). And homemade tartar sauce for the fish. It's like a family tradition.
        Yup - you can call something "Bangers" on the packet and it could be made of anything - doesn't even have to have meat in it! Worrying!
        Robert Browning
        Porphyria's Lover

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormwt View Post
          Yup - you can call something "Bangers" on the packet and it could be made of anything - doesn't even have to have meat in it! Worrying!
          I didn't know it either. I've fixed sausage lots of different ways, but never with mashed potatos before. I prefer chips (fries) over mashed, but the rest of the family likes mashed, but the rest of the family likes mashed so I'll have to try that sometime.

Comment

• Tonight is meatless night so I'm making black bean tostadas.
            "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
            Run free and catch the rabbits
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
              I didn't know it either. I've fixed sausage lots of different ways, but never with mashed potatos before. I prefer chips (fries) over mashed, but the rest of the family likes mashed, but the rest of the family likes mashed so I'll have to try that sometime.
              Mash is omnomnomnom - big pile of mash with sausages wticking out the top and covered with gravy so it can make puddles in the potato. *drools*
              Robert Browning
              Porphyria's Lover

Comment

• Pork steak, spinach w/hot vinegar dressing and cornbread.:boing:
                We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                (\_/) (\_/)
                (O.o) ( _ )
                (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                Green Room Forum Guide
                The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

• Either homemade pizza -or- potato-cheese chowder w/ham sammies. I don't know what I'll be hungry for yet, just finished breakfast.

Comment

• Tonight ... MORE TURKEY! I baked a pretty good sized bird for Thanksgiving, and so I've been making things with turkey ever since. And I will be doing so for awhile! I've packaged up a lot of turkey for the freezer, to make more things later.

I think tonight will be a turkey stew with lots of veggies. I'll make some more homemade dinner rolls to go with it, as we ate all of those already. :hahugh:
                    ~Wood Nymph~

Cottage Witch Homestead group:
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cottage_Witch_Homestead/

Comment

• Tonight I'm making smothered turkey!! I'm using up the last of it tonight, thankfully.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Purple rice cooked with pears, apples raisins, beef, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, red pepper, and a bit of millet and flax seed and almonds for texture.

With cheddar goat cheese to the side. Which I need to buy some more of, as it doesn't seem to trigger my allergies. :mmm:

Edit: More properly called Black Rice.
                        Last edited by Corvis Canis Latrans; November 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
                        Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Shepherd's Pie, with a slight twist on the veggies to include green beans and lima beans because, well, I like them. :D

ETA: I also added some fresh bell peppers from our very kind neighbors, as well! It should be good, a very useful way to consume left over mashed potatoes from a barbecue or Thanksgiving.
                          Last edited by la tortuga; November 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM.

Blinkie Maker

Live Journal| Twitter

sigpic
                          Thank you, Catiana, for the wonderful turtle montage! :D

Comment

• Well, we went to my 2nd son's for Thanksgiving so I'm doing our turkey for tonight. Squash, and stuffing.
                            We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                            (\_/) (\_/)
                            (O.o) ( _ )
                            (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                            Green Room Forum Guide
                            The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• Tonight will probably be pasta and a salad.

R.I.P. MiLo
                              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Last Night we had a horseradish and pepper marinated pork tenderloin with baked potatoes and side salad. (cucumbers and grape tomatoes ) mmm

Tonight im making sliced smoked turkey kielbasa sauteed with pineapple over rice. Sometimes I add brown sugar and a red bell pepper. The pineapple and the juice is usually enough. My family loves it.

Comment

Working...
                                X