No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some nasty chicken fancy stuff with sauce and bacon and it was hard to find the chicken!! My mate loves cooking from scratch via strange recipes!
    But whatever this weird dish was it gave me heartburn!!!
    :boing:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiberias View Post
      If you haven't taken a look at it yet, I HIGHLY recommend 1080 Recetas, which is available in English or Spanish. Far and away the canonical bible of Spanish cooking with, obviously, 1,080 recipes. The book is so massive they include three bookmarks. I was sad to leave it behind when I went to England for school, but fortunately I made friends with a couple Spaniards who had insisted on lugging their Spanish editions along with them.:P

I will definitely look for it, thank you.

No clue what I'm making tonight though.

*Edited to add* This is it, yes?

http://www.amazon.com/1080-Recipes-I...0198218&sr=1-3
      Last edited by WitchJezebel; December 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Food.

That's all I can say with any certainty right now.

Hopefully good food.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
        Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Yep, that's the one.
          JFGI

Comment

Yep, that's the one.
            Thanks alot Tiberias, I'll be ordering it on payday.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• What we had last night too. Stuffed shells. and cheese garlic texas toast. :D I made wayy too much.
              We had friends over last night so I made a HUGE lasagna foil pan full. The left overs from that filled two containers and then I had two lg casserole pans full that I made. (gave one of them for them to take home)

Comment

• The wife requested aloo tikki (spiced potato cakes with plenty of cilantro and garam masala). No idea yet what's going to go on the side. Maybe I can do something with the half-head of cauliflower I have left from last night's macaroni and cheese? Or possibly just some fresh baguette, goat cheese, and honey.
                JFGI

Comment

• Subway... I don't cook

-THE BLOG-

Lor's Dragon Eggs - Help Them Hatch :toofless:

Comment

The wife requested aloo tikki (spiced potato cakes with plenty of cilantro and garam masala). No idea yet what's going to go on the side. Maybe I can do something with the half-head of cauliflower I have left from last night's macaroni and cheese? Or possibly just some fresh baguette, goat cheese, and honey.
                    Yup, that's it. We're all moving to Tiberias's house.

I heard a rumor that tonight is root veggie stew with mock duck. Yum!
                    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
                    helps you feel your life protects you,
                    cradles you and connects you to everything.
                    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• We were gifted some refrigerator biscuits and bread dough so I went looking online for ideas to make stuff with them. Found one for crab filling in hollowed out loaf of bread. Has canned crab, grated asagio cheese, cream cheese, garlic, roasted red pepper, parsley, artichoke hearts, mayo or miracle whip, pimento - all melted in the microwave and stuffed into the bread shell. I don't have all that stuff (aww no artichoke hearts haha) but enough to make it yummy I think.

Comment

• Yup, that's it. We're all moving to Tiberias's house.
                        Hah! With 800 square feet it's going to start getting cozy REAL fast...

I remember now why I don't make aloo tikki very often. Grating and wringing out onions is a horrible process.
                        JFGI

Comment

• Tonight's going to be homemade burgers with a side salad and oven fries.

R.I.P. MiLo
                          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Homemade pizza tonight. Maybe mini calzones. I have dough i made left over from sunday to use up..
                            I have pepperoni, mushrooms and left over sausage i can use.
                            Hubby will probably want some more of my stuffed shells Their almost gone haha
                            Last edited by DreamSpell333; December 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Coming down with a cold so tonights dinner will be Cocoa rice krispies and milk.. If DH wants anything else he can make it. :hahugh:

Comment

• Black beans and rice. I swear I'm never going to get through this can of chipotles...
                                JFGI

Comment

Working...
                                X