What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamSpell333 View Post
    Coming down with a cold so tonights dinner will be Cocoa rice krispies and milk.. If DH wants anything else he can make it. :hahugh:
    Milk is mucus producing, you sure you want that when you have a cold?

I recommend chicken noodle soup with as much garlic as you can stand.

That was my main meal when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. My dad's cold (who I probably caught it from) lasted over a week and he was pretty sick. Mine lasted two days was never really that severe. I managed to kill it before I got to the coughing stage. :deviltail

Lots of hot and spicy foods to open up your sinuses, as well.

Blueberry juice is antiviral.

Lots of tea, echinacea, goldenseal, vitamin C (I know the claims now are that they don't work, but placebo effect or not, they've always been quite effective for me).

Hope you feel better soon...

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvis Canis Latrans View Post
      Milk is mucus producing, you sure you want that when you have a cold?

I recommend chicken noodle soup with as much garlic as you can stand.

That was my main meal when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. My dad's cold (who I probably caught it from) lasted over a week and he was pretty sick. Mine lasted two days was never really that severe. I managed to kill it before I got to the coughing stage. :deviltail

Lots of hot and spicy foods to open up your sinuses, as well.

Blueberry juice is antiviral.

Lots of tea, echinacea, goldenseal, vitamin C (I know the claims now are that they don't work, but placebo effect or not, they've always been quite effective for me).

Hope you feel better soon...

Thanks.

I forgot about that about milk.. Hubby ended up ordering chicken wings and got me a few hot wings. They did help some.

Comment

• 9 bean soup.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
        ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Tonight's dinner will be roasted chicken and Yukon Gold potatos with steamed asparagus.
          "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
          Run free and catch the rabbits
          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Sat. x-mas dinner

Well, my youngest son is having the family X-mas at his house. His sister is helping out. All I have to do is bring a cooked ham, the rolls, drinks, and desert! O well, at least I didn't have to clean and decorate the house!
            We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
            (\_/) (\_/)
            (O.o) ( _ )
            (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
            Green Room Forum Guide
            The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

• I read someone talking about making homemade ricotta cheese when I was listening to NPR radio last week. Since we were given an extra half-gallon of milk I thought I'd try my hand at it and use the ricotta in some lasagne for supper.

Comment

• Well now that the holidays are over and the heavy foods are done, tonight's dinner will be mushroom barley soup with greens.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• tonight its chicken fried steaks and white gravy and bisquits
                  not my favorite meal but hubby likes it alot!
                  Of course I make a large salad to go with it and that usually covers my meal
                  Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
                  and Books Forum Guide
                  and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

• Quiche at the in-laws. MIL is a terrible cook, so we'll see how this goes.
                    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
                    helps you feel your life protects you,
                    cradles you and connects you to everything.
                    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• Tonight's dinner will be baked chicken with a huge salad.

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Probably an asian chicken salad

The Earth is a soft, beautiful woman, and the witch is her voice -- The Silver Wolf

I thought thee fair, I thought thee bright, who art as black as hell, as dark as night -- William Shakespeare

The road to paradise leads through the gates of Hell -- The Silver Wolf

Comment

• prawn salad, with baked potatoes.

raspberry and cream roulade for pud!
                          connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• It's terribly cold here and I'm too tired and sore to do much cooking, so I'm going simple tonight - tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Ah, comfort food.
                            Last edited by Lunacie; January 3rd, 2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Baked chicken, rice pilaf and mixed veggies. And a cocktail or two.
                              I've been :vanish: by Astara

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
                                It's terribly cold here and I'm too tired and sore to do much cooking, so I'm going simple tonight - tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Ah, comfort food.

Mmmmm, good!
                                I'm fighting a cold and am not motivated to cook much, either. Tonight's culinary masterpiece is mac 'n' cheese. :o)
                                I am a part of all that I have read.
                                ~John Kieran

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
                                ~The Dalai Lama

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
                                ~Mother Teresa

You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body.
                                ~C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X