Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HecticEclectic View Post
    Mmmmm, good!
    I'm fighting a cold and am not motivated to cook much, either. Tonight's culinary masterpiece is mac 'n' cheese. :o)
    Mac'n'cheese is another comfort food. Unfortunately I looove the baked version with real cheddar in it, and my family likes the boxed version that's ready in minutes. It's okay - if I add a little bit of sour cream to it.

Still cold enough to break records here, so tonight will probably be potato-cheddar soup and ham sandwiches. Going to try cooking it in the crock pot. My little sister got a crock pot for Christmas and asked me for some recipes, especially for potato soup. Cooking is still very new for her.

Comment

• Chicken stew with dumplings!(cold weather food) lol
      connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• Tonight's dinner is red beans and rice with the little bit of leftover chicken from last night.
        "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
        Run free and catch the rabbits
        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• At least part of my supper will be garbanzo beans with turmeric and other spices, since they're leftover from yesterday's lunch.

Probably some broccoli as well, and maybe some chicken.

I have some rice bread that I really need to use up.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
          Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Jambalaya made with barley is what's on the menu tonight.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
            ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Taco soup served with tortilla chips and sour cream.

Comment

• Jambalaya with shrimp and sausage,cornbread,green beans and a salad for tonite.My youngest chose the meal for his birthday.
                Bethany: You're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?
                Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ~Dogma,1999~

Comment

• Chicken Cesar Salad and dinner rolls.

Comment

• spaghetti and meatballs w/ marinara sauce, garlic bread and possibly cesar salad
                    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. - Bono

Comment

• Tonight is pork chops with potatos and leeks, haven't decided on the vegetable yet.
                      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                      Run free and catch the rabbits
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• crock pot chicken w/ baby potatoes and veggies of some sort.
                        To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. - Bono

Comment

• Rotini with some of the vodka tomato sauce we made this summer. And some broccoli. And feta cheese.

And one duck egg.
                          If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
                          helps you feel your life protects you,
                          cradles you and connects you to everything.
                          Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• chicken quesadillas and rice and beans.

Comment

• Left over potato and jambalaya

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
                              ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Ground chuck was on sale this week and I was gonna make Poor Boy Steaks with mushroom gravy served over noodles - but our water was off for awhile before dinner time and I wasn't going to get my hands all icky if I couldn't wash them off. Just now realized I coulda used baggies on my hands. And didn't have enough water to boil noodles either.

So I heated up a packaged roast beef and made insta mashed potatoes with what little water I had, and heated some frozen carrots because those take less water than cooking fresh carrots. So of course the water came back on while I was cooking. I filled all the jugs I could find in case another water main freezes. It's waaaaaay cold here.

Comment

Working...
                                X