No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight I made Teriyaki burgers and a slaw on the side tossed with a wasabi vinaigrette.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Still eating leftover turkey and ham
      There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

• Roasted squash with corn pudding. Soooo good.
        If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
        helps you feel your life protects you,
        cradles you and connects you to everything.
        Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• Tonight's dinner is kale, white bean and sausage ragout.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• If I have the time this afternoon, penne and marinara. If not, leftover sweet potato curry from last night. Mango for desert.
            JFGI

Comment

• Tonight I will be cooking a perfectly Healthy alternative.

The Microwave Meal. Unpack it, Crucify it for 10 minutes, eat it.

God bless the Microwave Meal.

:hahugh:
              sigpic

Comment

• Tonight's dinner is stir fry of chicken and zucchini in black bean garlic sauce over rice.

R.I.P. MiLo
                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Last night's dinner was tuna salad with chunks of parmesan cheese and some fajita seasoning that I found in the cabinet, on tortilla chips.

It was pretty good. I have some left over for tonight, which will be consumed with said tortilla chips again and a nice salad.

Little tip: Stores carry those spice packets for various types of recipes and such, whether for meat or for dips or even soups.

Sometimes they go on sale for 3 for a dollar, and you can get several mixes. They don't have to be used for their advertised purpose, can be used to season anything creatively. Just mix and you have a quick bit of flavor that might be new.

And the chicken fajita spice mix is great for tuna salad. :mmm:

Any of them are good for flavoring rice or veggie stir fries.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
                  Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• bbq ribs and a nice green salad
                    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
                    and Books Forum Guide
                    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

• Tonight's dinner will be the leftover fridge raid. I'm not cooking, but I'll be fed.

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Grandbabies coming to hang with me so I'm not cooking tonight! We'll be doing the leftover thing tonight as well... I've cooked my a** off this week so there is plenty!

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbride View Post
                          Grandbabies coming to hang with me so I'm not cooking tonight! We'll be doing the leftover thing tonight as well... I've cooked my a** off this week so there is plenty!
                          I cooked quite a bit this week as well but I'm glad because now I've got an interesting variety of leftovers for tonight and I'm off the hook.

R.I.P. MiLo
                          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Fried cabbage in butter and salt.

And apples, which when cooked don't seem to cause the problems they do when raw.

Still contemplating the protein portion, probably throw in some left-over roast beef, but possibly shrimp.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
                            Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• We were going to make sausage gravy on biscuits last night, but ended up noshing on leftovers, so tonight will be sausage gravy on biscuits.

Comment

• Tonight's dinner is chicken breasts (pounded thin) with a Greek sauce made out of tomatoes, onions, red bell peppers, orange and lemon juice and Greek olives over rice; salad on side.

R.I.P. MiLo
                                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Working...
                                X