What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    I haven't the foggiest idea of what to eat for dinner, my stomach has been acting funny all day.
    My youngest granddaughter was sick on Sunday, hardly ate anything Monday, and was sick again today (Tuesday). Hope you don't have the same bug.

The rest of us are having fajitas for supper.

Comment

• Don't think it was a bug, I'm actually fine today, thanks.

Tonight's dinner will be sauteed chicken breasts, roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I made a big ol' pot of Potato pepper jack soup and a rustic loaf of homemade bread :D

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbride View Post
          I made a big ol' pot of Potato pepper jack soup and a rustic loaf of homemade bread :D
          Sounds good. Although I prefer my pepper jack with ham in a grilled sandwich alongside the potato soup. If I'm putting cheese in my potato soup, I like cheddar best. I'm still tempted to invite myself to supper at your house though. :hahugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
            Sounds good. Although I prefer my pepper jack with ham in a grilled sandwich alongside the potato soup. If I'm putting cheese in my potato soup, I like cheddar best. I'm still tempted to invite myself to supper at your house though. :hahugh:
            Hey by all means... come on over! I made a huge pot just to find out that half my kids had other dinner plans... go figure!

I make another potato soup with cheddar but every now and again I like to change it up with the pepper jack. It's pretty darn yummy if I do say so myself :D

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbride View Post
              Hey by all means... come on over! I made a huge pot just to find out that half my kids had other dinner plans... go figure!

I make another potato soup with cheddar but every now and again I like to change it up with the pepper jack. It's pretty darn yummy if I do say so myself :D
              Wish I could - but I'd be crummy company as I have another damn headache. Rain check?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
                Wish I could - but I'd be crummy company as I have another damn headache. Rain check?
                You betcha. This family of mine insists on eating every day so odds are I'll be cookin' again soon

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

• Thanks Moonbride. My daughter ended up ordering a couple of pizzas for supper last night. Guess she didn't feel any more like cooking than I did. Bless her, she got me a thin crust pepperoni. :hahugh: Yeah, I'm weird, eating something usually settles my tummy when I have a bad headache instead of making me even more nauseated.

Comment

• Meeting family members and eating out tonight.

At an Italian restaurant.

Which means I am going to indulge in pasta instead of catering to wheat allergy. :mmm:

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
                    Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Cod, chips and mushy peas tonight.(takeout)
                      connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvis Canis Latrans View Post
                        Meeting family members and eating out tonight.

At an Italian restaurant.

Which means I am going to indulge in pasta instead of catering to wheat allergy. :mmm:
                        Could you call the restaurant and ask if they have a meat dish without breading? Have that and a salad?

Comment

• Lentil stew with ham and leftover butternut squash
                          "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                          Run free and catch the rabbits
                          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Pears, carrot sticks and mangoes. :mmm:
                            "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• Chicken stew with big chunks of potatoes and carrots over white rice. And 2 Coronas to wash it down.
                              "You hesitate to stab me with a word, and know not - silence is the sharper sword."

Samuel Johnson 1709-1784

Comment

• Tonight was roasted chicken, scalloped potatoes, and peas.
                                And wouldn't you know it... missing kids again tonight (except this time was my fault for forgetting...). So I'll answer for tomorrow already... LEFTOVERS! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X