No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican black beans and rice... contemplating some chicken breasts with that

Comment

• Don't know yet.

I had split pea soup with ham for the last couple of evenings. With clementines for dessert.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
      Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

• Something tasty I hope! :D

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
        ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Originally posted by HetHert View Post
          Something tasty I hope! :D
          Me too.

Whatever I have, it should probably involve the remaining cabbage in my fridge, since I'm going on vacation for two weeks and that probably won't keep until I get back.

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Comment

• I have no idea what to make for dinner, I'm exhausted to the bone from the snow shoveling, digging out my car and then trudging through it to get to work today. I have to think of something though..
            "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
            Run free and catch the rabbits
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• So last night was chicken salad with steamed veggies and a Guinness/Cider half and half, otherwise known as a Poor Man's Black Velvet.

Tonight I hear will be Taco night! *doing a sombrero dance*

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
              ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• A big ol' pot of Minestrone... minus the pasta... just veggies.

Comment

• Honey chicken, roasted medditeranean vegetables and new potatoes tonight i think.
                  connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• Last night was cabbage cooked with pears and forbidden rice and shrimp, with various spices added.

Tonight will be similar as there was some left over.

Comment

• Just got off the phone with a friend of mine; he's going to stop at the Polish deli and get kielbasa and homemade pierogies and he'll meet me at the house when I get home. I'll just cook up some cabbage to go with it and dinner is done. WOOOOOHOOOOO!
                      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                      Run free and catch the rabbits
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• last night we ordered pizza but we did make a chocolate sformato which the family devoured.

tonight we are having spaghetti & meatballs
                        Insert Clever Signature Here

banners and rotation by me

myspace

Comment

• when i was little, my dad made shake n bake chicken.

tonight i decided to do that myself! its not good for me, but it reminds me of dad.
                          Need someone to talk to? I'm Helping Hands listed!

Banner by MoonKnight

"To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life,
                          of life itself and so to be present in all that one does,
                          from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread."
                          - James Baldwin, Author

I've been GHOSTED by Master Kodiak!

Comment

• Home made dumplings(cheese ravolis basically, but with less pretty shapes.) With some red sauce.

Comment

• Last night my daughter ordered a spinach pizza for supper because I was sick and she didn't have time to cook. Friday night I got creative with some flour tortillas that we starting to get old and a can of nacho cheese soup that was on sale last month. I cooked some chicken and chopped it up, added half a package of taco sauce and a little water and some chopped onion, and let it simmer, then stirred in the nacho cheese soup. I put a layer of tortillas in a baking dish, covered that with the chicken/soup mixture, added a handful of shredded cheddar, repeated 3 or 4 times, and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. It was really good, especially with a spoonful of sour cream on top. We still have another can of the nacho cheese soup so I plan on doing that again next week.

Sunday I will probably put some beef ribs in the crockpot with barbeque sauce and let 'em cook while I'm at work. Don't know what we'll have with 'em.

Comment

• ooww The ribs sound good!
                                Tonight... pot roast... hope I don't over cook it!
                                We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                                (\_/) (\_/)
                                (O.o) ( _ )
                                (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                                Green Room Forum Guide
                                The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...