No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ribs were very good. I don't often hunger for ribs, but I thought cooking them in the crockpot would make them tender enough for me to eat. Also, I really like Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, I'd eat anything with that on it. They were so tender they fell right off the bone. I'm having a barbeque beef sandwich for lunch.

Will take votes later on what's for dinner. Could be fish sticks and mac&cheese, or that tortilla chicken cheese casserole again. It tasted a lot like chicken enchiladas but without the trouble of rolling the tortillas.

Comment

• makin Chili today!
      Need someone to talk to? I'm Helping Hands listed!

Banner by MoonKnight

"To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life,
      of life itself and so to be present in all that one does,
      from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread."
      - James Baldwin, Author

I've been GHOSTED by Master Kodiak!

Comment

• Originally posted by Childof_theMorrigan View Post
        makin Chili today!
        I put some chili in the freezer from the last batch - might thaw out some of that for lunch tomorrow. Yum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
          I put some chili in the freezer from the last batch - might thaw out some of that for lunch tomorrow. Yum.
          thats my plan!
          Need someone to talk to? I'm Helping Hands listed!

Banner by MoonKnight

"To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life,
          of life itself and so to be present in all that one does,
          from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread."
          - James Baldwin, Author

I've been GHOSTED by Master Kodiak!

Comment

• Originally posted by Childof_theMorrigan View Post
            thats my plan!
            And now it is mine too!

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
            ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• I'm popping a DiGiorno Pepperoni Pizza into the oven tonight.

sigpic

Comment

• There was a cheap New Zealand white cheddar on sale at Whole Foods last week. I'm going to use half of what I got in some shells and cheese (based loosely off of Alton Brown's stovetop recipe) tonight since I'm feeling lazy and everything but the milk/yogurt can be measured out well in advance.
                JFGI

Comment

• Shepherds pie, peas and carrots.
                  And of course pancakes, because of shrove tuesday!
                  connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• Ah yes, Pancake Day. I overdid it last year - I was in the UK, so I decided to introduce my friends there to Mardis Gras American-style (wife lived in New Orleans for a while). Giant pot of jambalaya, sweet potato pudding with more butter and sugar than I usually have in the kitchen at any one time, bourbon-glazed carrots, and beignets for desert (yeah, I know, breakfast food, but I was working with limited resources here, British grocery stores being what they are). Lots, and lots of beignets. That batch of dough lasted a month and a half worth of breakfasts...

So this year, I'm taking a break. Next year it'll be back to King Cake and jambalaya. Because thin, savory pancakes are just...weird...
                    JFGI

Comment

• I am making a meatloaf recipe my sister gave me. With some mashed potatoes and veggies on the side. With yummy warm brownies and ice cream for desert. (forgets about my diet lol)

I am a totally horrid cook (I burn water, and there is a chance I will burn the house down trying to make toast lol). But I am attempting to learn to cook. I made a promise to cook atleast one meal every week. Last week I made lasagna and it turned out great.

My DH is totally happy! Though if I were him I would be scared since he is the my taste tester lmao

I am actually having alot of fun playing around and trying to find more recipes to try!
                      Listen to my sound. I am the wind, which echos through the trees. The gentle breeze which tickles your flesh. Touch that which you walk upon. I am the green fields filled with fresh flowers. My breast the mountain peaks which reach toward the heavens. My curves the endless canyons. The waters that run through my womb, nourish the sacred river of life. I am the song within the storm. The whisper on the edge of the forest. The silence. The rush of raging waterfalls. Open your eyes my child, for I am everywhere. I have never left you and never will.

Comment

• I know I'm having chicken because that's what's thawing in the fridge at home, but I haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do with it yet.
                        "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                        Run free and catch the rabbits
                        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• we had leftovers tonight, we're grilling some hot dogs for dinner tomorrow night. might make a chocolate peanut butter sformato or might wait til friday to make it for my son's 13th bday
                          Insert Clever Signature Here

banners and rotation by me

myspace

Comment

• Roasted Pumpkin and Ham Pizza

mmmmmmmm

and a salad of my own home grown rocket, zuchinni, carrots and fresh herbs
                            Mitakuye Oyasin

Comment

• Ice Cream. (and wine.)

(Pathetic? Yes. But my husband just left for six weeks of work, so I allow myself to have this "special" meal on the night that he leaves.)

Signature Photos From JKP.

Comment

• Grilled terryaki marinated tofu wedges and steamed veggies... yum. :mmm: I'm also fighting off the urge to eat a piece of apple crumble cheesecake that's in my fridge... No Carbs After 7pm!

Comment

Working...
                                X