No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight will be leftovers; I've got little bits of all kinds of things so I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day in NY and I uncovered my grill so I can clean it up tomorrow morning and I'm grilling some steaks! First charred meat of the season.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Springtime and Grilling. Goes hand in hand, doesn't it?
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
      instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
      which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Spaghetti and meatballs.
        connected to ISIS!!

Comment

• veggie stir fry (w/chicken) in zesty italian dressing over rice.
          "Some people would rather die than think, in fact many do so." - B. Russell

"Punishments inflicted with signs of anger are useless." - I Kant

"Can't you see what's plain as day,
          It's always been there inside of you.
          One saving grace that's hard to face.
          Embracing the truth will change your fate.
          It's up to you and the path you choose,
          To be led to the slaughter or lead the way.
          The quest for light, a worthwhile fight
          Will you have what it takes?
          Come what may." - J Schaffer

Comment

• Nothing, just eaten it so you get none lol

I had pheasant in thick cheese and leek sauce gently laid on corn pasta :mmm:

Comment

• crabcakes - I found some beautiful crabmeat at the market so I'll be making those tonight. Most likely with a big salad.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
                crabcakes - I found some beautiful crabmeat at the market so I'll be making those tonight. Most likely with a big salad.
                I was getting ready to post about the wonderful pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls I had last night...now they sound rather blah...your dinner sounds so much more awesome.
                There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by memnoch View Post
                  I was getting ready to post about the wonderful pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls I had last night...now they sound rather blah...your dinner sounds so much more awesome.
                  Pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn sounds really good actually, I haven't made chops in a few weeks. Think I'll make some this week.

R.I.P. MiLo
                  4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Any suggestions on what to do with left over salmon that is a bit tough?

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
                    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Tough as in dried out and/or overcooked?

Hmmm, usually you can't salvage something like that but what about adding some mayo and minced vegetables to add moisture and making a salmon salad? I've also just taken leftover salmon or fish and crumbled it over a nice green salad and toss with vinaigrette.

I'd suggest making them into cakes and frying them but I don't think adding more heat is going to help!

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn sounds really good actually, I haven't made chops in a few weeks. Think I'll make some this week.
                        it was really good, just doesn't sound as good as crabcakes and salad.
                        There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

• Slightly overcooked WJ.

I think I'll go with the suggestion to throw it on some lettuce and add a vinaigrette to it.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Originally posted by HetHert View Post
                            Slightly overcooked WJ.

I think I'll go with the suggestion to throw it on some lettuce and add a vinaigrette to it.
                            Slightly overcooked should be just fine on a salad. Have you tried the wasabi vinaigrette yet? I made some this weekend, it really is one of my favorites.

R.I.P. MiLo
                            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Slightly overcooked should be just fine on a salad. Have you tried the wasabi vinaigrette yet? I made some this weekend, it really is one of my favorites.
                              Nope, but I *DO* have the ingredients and what a wonderful reminder! :uhhuhuh:

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• sloppy joe's and fries
                                "Some people would rather die than think, in fact many do so." - B. Russell

"Punishments inflicted with signs of anger are useless." - I Kant

"Can't you see what's plain as day,
                                It's always been there inside of you.
                                One saving grace that's hard to face.
                                Embracing the truth will change your fate.
                                It's up to you and the path you choose,
                                To be led to the slaughter or lead the way.
                                The quest for light, a worthwhile fight
                                Will you have what it takes?
                                Come what may." - J Schaffer

Comment

Working...
                                X