Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp Four Seasons ala sleepycat:

Wild rice cooked in an onion broth
    Covered with Snowpea pods sauteed with chopped garlic and sprinkled with sesame seeds
    Covered with peeled & de-veined shrimp sauteed with saffron in a butter & lemon sauce
    Covered with red and yellow bell pepper shreds steamed 'till hot and crispy

no side dish, doesn't need one. And no leftovers 'cause every bite gets eaten. *grin*
    A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
    -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by sleepycat View Post
      Shrimp Four Seasons ala sleepycat:

Wild rice cooked in an onion broth
      Covered with Snowpea pods sauteed with chopped garlic and sprinkled with sesame seeds
      Covered with peeled & de-veined shrimp sauteed with saffron in a butter & lemon sauce
      Covered with red and yellow bell pepper shreds steamed 'till hot and crispy

no side dish, doesn't need one. And no leftovers 'cause every bite gets eaten. *grin*
      Dang, that sounds yummy, I'm going to have give that a try I've got shrimp in the freezer!

Tonight I had sauteed chicken breasts, steamed broccoli and cheesy noodles. Quick, painless and pretty tasty.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Last nite I made a stir fry with chicken and Japanese eggplant with a Gen'l Tsao's type sauce over white rice.

Tonight will most likely be pasta with homemade sauce/meatballs and a salad.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
          Last nite I made a stir fry with chicken and Japanese eggplant with a Gen'l Tsao's type sauce over white rice.

Tonight will most likely be pasta with homemade sauce/meatballs and a salad.
          I haven't found a recipe for homemade General Tso sauce that I like nearly as well as the sauce I get on the chicken at the little Chinese take-out down the street. Sweet'n'sour I can do, but not General Tso sauce. I think it must depend on the kind of chili sauce they add.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
            I haven't found a recipe for homemade General Tso sauce that I like nearly as well as the sauce I get on the chicken at the little Chinese take-out down the street. Sweet'n'sour I can do, but not General Tso sauce. I think it must depend on the kind of chili sauce they add.
            I use Sambal Oelek instead of the whole dried chilies and although it doesn't taste quite the same as the takeout place I go to, it's not bad. It's just ground chili paste with garlic so any other brand should be fine.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

This is very close to the recipe (I don't always measure it out) I make and I just adjust the Sambal to taste:

http://blogchef.net/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/
            Last edited by WitchJezebel; September 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM.

R.I.P. MiLo
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Boneless pork chops with General Tso sauce, Spanish rice with green beans, yellow beans and carrots on the side.

I cheat with some of my sauces... I purchase the prepackaged ones.
              "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

(tofu for me)chicken, corn and black bean enchiladas in whole wheat tortillas with cheddar cheese. I want one now
                Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

Whatever the customers order...
                  See Now, And Just Be.....

Comment

Well wish me luck Im going to try and make my granny’s pot-roast, if it comes out half as good as hers ill be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavender Rainflower View Post
                      Well wish me luck Im going to try and make my granny’s pot-roast, if it comes out half as good as hers ill be happy.
                      I made a pot roast on Sunday, it was yummy.

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
                        I use Sambal Oelek instead of the whole dried chilies and although it doesn't taste quite the same as the takeout place I go to, it's not bad. It's just ground chili paste with garlic so any other brand should be fine.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

This is very close to the recipe (I don't always measure it out) I make and I just adjust the Sambal to taste:

http://blogchef.net/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/
                        Thanks for the links. :mmm:

I have no idea what I'm fixing for supper tonight. I'm tempted to make sloppy joes, it's been awhile since we had those.

Comment

Salmon and steamed veggies

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
                          ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

Wow, I so should NOT have entered this thread....now I'm SOOO hungry! All I had was a can of mushroom soup, were really tight on cash and I sadly can't have a garden here at the apt.'s. Grr arg. You guys all have some great ideas!!! Now I need to scrounge in my cupboards again lol.
                            I hate the word housewife; I don't like the word home-maker either. I want to be called Domestic Goddess. By Roseanne Barr :bigredgri

Comment

Tonight's dinner will be leftovers from my friend's party last night. It was catered food from this Italian place... so... dang.... good. Luckily for me she always over orders so I'll be taking all that out shortly.

R.I.P. MiLo
                              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

what i am having? either leftover rice w/ veggies... or just my dr. pepper...
                                what i want... MEAT!!!!!! i really hate being broke!
                                I have been by BearDancing!

~**~Altar for the Beloved dead~**~

~**~Rip Grandpa- 11-23-1993~**~
                                ~**~Rip Gramma- 11-09-1997~**~
                                ~**~Rip Big Brother Clayton- 06-03-2002~**~
                                ~**~Rip Momma- 02-03-2006~**~
                                ~**~Rip Daddy- 09-02-2009~**~

Comment

Working...
                                X