No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pork chops, roasted sweet potatoes and whatever vegetable I decide on when I get home.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Cajun Gumbo (my version)

2 cans chicken broth

2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies

2 pounds of spicy smoked andouille sausage sliced (you want the hard, firm kind in a natural casing - don't use the softer type! )

4 cans of okra tomatoes and corn mix (or 4 cans of Trappey's creole okra gumbo if you can find it).

8 cups water

One pound of tender thick-sliced smoked ham chopped in cubes

One large onion diced

One bell pepper diced

A dash or two of Cajun/Creole seasoning.

2 boxes of Gumbo Mix with rice (Zatarains, Tony Cacheres, etc.)

Mix all ingredients in a LARGE pot and slow cook on top of stove for 4-6 hours. (It's even better the next day).
      Last edited by Eldritch Cantrip; November 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Something with hamburger. I have about a pound I need to use and I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.......
        ~*"The only true deity is the one that you believe in"*~
        Stalker of Gareth!

Stabbing the Captain with a pickle

Comment

• Vegetables, potatoes and fish fingers.
          :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairywolf View Post
            Something with hamburger. I have about a pound I need to use and I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.......

sloppy joes? tacos? meatloaf?

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
              sloppy joes? tacos? meatloaf?
              I thought about sloppy joes. Not enough meat for a meatloaf and we just had tacos. I think it will be....sloppy joes
              ~*"The only true deity is the one that you believe in"*~
              Stalker of Gareth!

Stabbing the Captain with a pickle

Comment

• I love sloppy joes; haven't had them in awhile so I'll have to make some soon.

R.I.P. MiLo
                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I made a fantastic Burrito Pie for dinner last night...I was really pleased with how it turned out...and it wasn't difficult at all to make. My son helped me with it.

Tonight I am going to be lazy and have Chicken Noodle Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. It's a favorite in this household.
                  "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                  instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                  which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragna View Post
                    Vegetables, potatoes and fish fingers.
                    Whenever I hear "fish fingers" I think of Orson Welles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixt_t46k4Q

Comment

• Tonight will be leftovers, there's lots of them from the last couple of days.

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Chili over white rice. Another favorite around this house.
                        instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                        which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Probably something from the best Chinese food restaurant in town. Sweet and sour won tons... YUM!!! :mmm:
                          "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• I have a thing for General Tso's Chicken, Crab Puffs, and Lo Mein.

I've banned myself from Chinese food for at least a week....lol

Comment

• I'm hooked on Beef and Broccoli myself... Those sound great too, Twinkle!!!

MMM... General Tso chicken... Yum!!! :mmm:
                              "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• I have a craving for Chinese Food now....

Comment

Working...
                                X