No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this week turned out allot different than I thought! Thanksgiving turned out deterrent than I thought! LOL We went to my youngest son's and the couple he's living with. Fir. was fish fry friends brought over, Sat. was our surf 'n turf and Sun. was the family Thanksgiving. Turkey, pork roast, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cheese potatoes, squash (1 came from our garden) peas and carrots (carrots from the garden). Sautéed button mushrooms and morels, fresh homemade butter horns and homemade cheese rolls, jello salad pumpkin pie and apple crisp. Plus cheese, crackers, 3 kind of chips, raw veggie plate and 2 dips beforehand. I haven't cooked that much at once in years! LOL
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Comment

• Tonight I'm making hamburgers, oven fries and a small salad.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Brats and mac
        ~*"The only true deity is the one that you believe in"*~
        Stalker of Gareth!

Stabbing the Captain with a pickle

Comment

• I have chicken breasts thawing in the fridge - that's as far as I've gotten so I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Tonight I'm making Pork Loin seasoned with Lemon Pepper and Garlic, roasted veggies and wild rice.

Comment

• I don't cook on Friday's so it'll be a very interesting mix of leftovers from the last few days.

R.I.P. MiLo
              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by adrasteashadow View Post
                Tonight I'm making Pork Loin seasoned with Lemon Pepper and Garlic, roasted veggies and wild rice.
                That sounds GOOD... :mmm:

Tonight, my son and I are having French toast.
                "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

• I've had some sort of stomach virus that last few days, I haven't been eating much of anything.

If anyone has any dinner suggestions for bland but not disgusting meals, I'd appreciate it.
                  "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                  instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                  which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Originally posted by Twinkle View Post
                    I've had some sort of stomach virus that last few days, I haven't been eating much of anything.

If anyone has any dinner suggestions for bland but not disgusting meals, I'd appreciate it.
                    Twinkle, I suggest chicken soup if you can handle it. It's soothing, comforting and easy on one's tummy if it's not loaded up with a lot of heavy spices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
                      Twinkle, I suggest chicken soup if you can handle it. It's soothing, comforting and easy on one's tummy if it's not loaded up with a lot of heavy spices.
                      Might I add, maybe a chicken soup with a bit of a binder in it, like rice or unseasoned bread or croutons?

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I do have white rice, chicken, and chicken broth at the house. That's what I'll do then. I need to eat, but even thinking about food makes me feel queasy right now.
                        "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                        instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                        which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Feel better soon, Twinkle. Having an upset stomach is awful.

Comment

• We got a deer from a friend of ours and my daughter butchered it for us.... it was a young, tender "nubber" can't wait for a nice tender steak!!! Last night was turkey soup! LOL

Hope you feel better Twinle!
                            Last edited by Cindlady2; December 4th, 2010, 05:06 AM.
                            We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
                            (\_/) (\_/)
                            (O.o) ( _ )
                            (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
                            Green Room Forum Guide
                            The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• I'm thinking something incredibly fattening, greasy and bad for you, followed by something sinfully chocolatey, rich and gooey.
                              "You get a wonderful view from the point of no return" -- T. Pratchett

No matter how beautifully presented, it's still a plate of bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me that people will still swallow it knowing exactly what it is they're swallowing. ~ Me

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
                              — Confucius

Comment

• 13 bean soup with ham and kale.

R.I.P. MiLo
                                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Working...
                                X