No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna try and make home made pasta for the first time. I received a pasta maker for Christmas and I'm going to give it a try tonight by making ravioli. I have back up ready made ravioli just in case its a FAIL. LOL
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by MammaStar View Post
      Gonna try and make home made pasta for the first time. I received a pasta maker for Christmas and I'm going to give it a try tonight by making ravioli. I have back up ready made ravioli just in case its a FAIL. LOL
      Oooh, fun stuff! You'll enjoy it, I like making homemade pasta when I have time.

I figured out dinner, I actually had taken down some Italian sausage last night in my rush to be prepared for the storm I didn't even realize I'd done it. I'll make pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Plain old lemon pepper chicken breast and potatoes.

I'm not feeling very creative.

Comment

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
          Oooh, fun stuff! You'll enjoy it, I like making homemade pasta when I have time.

I figured out dinner, I actually had taken down some Italian sausage last night in my rush to be prepared for the storm I didn't even realize I'd done it. I'll make pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe.
          Mmmmm...broccoli rabe.

I love it with oil and garlic. How do you make it?

Comment

• pasta & salad this evening

Comment

• probably either a sandwich or baked chicken
              Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

Comment

• Sausage and peppers. I feel like I've been Italy all week. I can't help it if the things I'm good at cooking are Italian. LOL

Comment

Mmmmm...broccoli rabe.

I love it with oil and garlic. How do you make it?
                  Usually just with the oil and garlic as well but I've started blanching it before sauteeing it; it removes alot of the bitterness. Large pot of boiling salted water, add rabe, simmer 2 minutes, drain and cool with cold water. Then I go ahead and saute it with the oil & garlic.

Last night tho, I sauteed a large shallot, small fennel bulb and the sausage (spicy with sundried tomato in it) in oil for a bit, added the garlic and then the blanched rabe and just cooked til the rabe was warm and the sausage was completely cooked. When I drained the pasta I saved about 1 cup of the cooking water. I threw half the pasta in the pan of sausage, added 1 tblspoon butter and a little of the cooking water at a time just till it had a 'sauciness' to it. Then I grated a whole buttload of Parmesan over it. It was delicious.
                  Last edited by WitchJezebel; January 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                  4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I had a toasted pastrami and provolone sandwich, with strawberry and spinach salad. The salad doesn't sound appetizing, but it was deliiiiiiiicious!

Comment

• Not cooking tonight but tomorrow I'm making a lasagna.

R.I.P. MiLo
                      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• I had a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bread with sauteed onions!

Comment

• Lemon-herb chicken, brown rice and veggies on the side.
                          "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Gonna try and make home made pasta for the first time. I received a pasta maker for Christmas and I'm going to give it a try tonight by making ravioli. I have back up ready made ravioli just in case its a FAIL. LOL
                            Hey, MammaStar, how did the pasta-making go?
                            If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
                            helps you feel your life protects you,
                            cradles you and connects you to everything.
                            Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• Well...it took me 2 tries to figure it out. I'm using my Kitchen Aid mixer. It took a bit of the skills my Italian grand parents taught me and of course the Kitchen Aid recommendations. Hubby wasn't a fan of the whole wheat. I didn't cut the ravioli even, BUT I got them filled and my son, who isn't as picky LOVED IT. I'm going to try and make spaghetti this week and use a regular egg pasta mix instead of whole wheat.

As for tonight's dinner, I'm using the "back up" ravioli I bought last week. I want to clear the cupboard and freezer before I go shopping again.

Comment

• I had sweet and sour grilled chicken and french fries. And birthday tiramisu!

Comment

Working...
                                X