What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
    I'm planning to bake a quiche for supper tonight, it's gotten cold enough that having the oven on is a good thing. Might bake a cake as long as the oven is hot eh?

Shall I be there around 6ish?

So tonight will be beef stew leftovers if I don't come up with something else before dinner time. You guys are giving me great ideas though.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Tonight's dinner will be Panko coated baked fish and a salad, most likely I'll make oven fries to go with it even if I did have potatoes with last night's dinner.
      "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
      Run free and catch the rabbits
      4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HetHert View Post
        Shall I be there around 6ish?

So tonight will be beef stew leftovers if I don't come up with something else before dinner time. You guys are giving me great ideas though.
        Sorry you missed it. Even though I forgot to chop up some onion to go with the spinach and cheese and bacon and eggs, it was still very good. I like to whisk in about half a cup of sour cream to make it rich and flavorful. I also used two kinds of cheese, cheddar and an Italian blend.

Didn't get the cake made though. Might do that tonight to go with the pot of potato soup I'm planning. Cold wet weather here, good night for soup before we head out in the cold and wet to atttend my granddaughter's concert.

Comment

• Not sure yet about tonite,but I think i'm going to make runzas tomorrow.
          Bethany: You're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?
          Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ~Dogma,1999~

Comment

• If hubby remembers to drop them off...shrimp. Probably shrimp scampi.
            We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
            (\_/) (\_/)
            (O.o) ( _ )
            (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
            Green Room Forum Guide
            The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

• Tonight is plum-chili chicken with green beans and mushrooms served over Jasmine rice.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Spaghetti with sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce and chopped up chicken in it.

Comment

• Steak fajitas.

And I'm finally making that root beer cake - but 'baking' it in the microwave because the weather got warm again here.

Comment

• As usual, I'm just throwing various items in a pot and seeing what comes out. Tonight it's a soup of free range chicken broth with extra virgin olive oil, chopped bacon, red onion, garlic, with carrots, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, asparagus tips and sweet potatoes w/skins. I am also tossing a bit of Quinoa, a bay leaf and fresh dill. Mmmmmm.

It seems like a perfect fall assortment, it just needs squash but I do not have any at the moment. However it will pair well with some Samuel Adams Oktoberfest bier.
                    Last edited by Haerfest Leah; October 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Chicken parmesan. :mmm:

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

• Ooohh I made homemade cheddar cheese soup, served with cannon ball bread! yumm.. even my two year old gobbles it up!
                        "A mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam" ~ Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Comment

• Originally posted by dandalion View Post
                          Ooohh I made homemade cheddar cheese soup, served with cannon ball bread! yumm.. even my two year old gobbles it up!
                          We'll probably have to do something quick and simple tonight like soup and sandwiches since we have to go to middle school for parent/teacher meetings.

I've never heard of Cannon Ball Bread - what is that?

Comment

• Tonight I made spinach ravioli (from our local Italian store Pastosa) with a spicy marinara and sauteed spinach with garlic

R.I.P. MiLo
                            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Tonight I made fresh spinach ravioli (from my local Pastosa Italian store) with spicy marinara and sauteed spinach.

R.I.P. MiLo
                              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Last night was jambalaya with barley and apple pie! :mmm:

~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

Working...
                                X