No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're too kind, I don't like monotony in the kitchen so I've got to try different things as often as I can.

I'm using red bells with the asparagus, green bells would be too bitter.

Your soup sounds lovely, I'll have to try that myself.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Oven cooked potato and sweet potato. Marinated and fried tofu. Vegan sausage. Home-made hummus and a beer gravy to top it all off. All vegan, all delicious and it was a hit with the hubby too.
      Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Creamy pasta, vegan style.

Mashed avocado instead of cream.

Boiled pasta with broccoli.
        Stir fried kale with mushrooms.
        Drained pasta and mixed in the kale and mushrooms.
        Added one mashed avocado with a few drops of lemon juice. Stirred everything together. Serve with salt and pepper.

So freaking yummy!

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• And tomorrow dinner will be a vegan curry and rice. (Curry will have beans, tofu, sweet potato and coconut cream)
          Last edited by Aeon Flux; May 6th, 2012, 05:14 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

• Tonight will be chicken cooked in my homemade tomatillo sauce over spinach rice.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
            4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy and steamed broccoli.

R.I.P. MiLo
              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Homemade whole wheat pizza topped with mushrooms, sweet onions and red peppers; salad on the side.

R.I.P. MiLo
                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Last weekend we made a batch of pork and vegetable dumplings and froze them so I'll make some of those and stir fry some vegetables. Not feelin' the stove this week.

R.I.P. MiLo
                  4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Turkey tacos and Mexican flag salad on the side.

R.I.P. MiLo
                    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Taco Bell, if everyone is on board!

Love again;
                      there is a fire.

Comment

• Bean cakes made with lentils seasoned Southwest style topped with a lime crema; slaw with jicama on the side.

R.I.P. MiLo
                        4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Pasta with a quick homemade marinara and an arugula salad (which has exploded in the garden this year).

R.I.P. MiLo
                          4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
                            (which has exploded in the garden this year).
                            Lucky you. Mine was plodding along and then two days of rain and one of heat made it triple in height and go to seed practically overnight without any growth in edible leaves. I'm seeding round two now...

Pasta with a lemon and sour cream sauce. We're both too tired to cook anything more complicated tonight. It's amazing how much energy babies can suck out of you. Tomorrow is supposed to be sweet potato salad and a salad of whatever's in the garden and the farmer's market. And probably some baguette with fresh ricotta and honey for desert.
                            Last edited by Tiberias; June 4th, 2012, 11:14 PM.
                            JFGI

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiberias View Post
                              Lucky you. Mine was plodding along and then two days of rain and one of heat made it triple in height and go to seed practically overnight without any growth in edible leaves. I'm seeding round two now...
                              The arugula is one of the few things that IS doing well. With all that rain we got here as well I'm overrun with caterpillars. I didn't want to have use a pesticide, natural or not, but I didn't have a choice. The watermelon radishes were looking great and then within a week they're 3/4 eaten and half dead. The brussels sprouts look sickly as well. I did one round of the pesticide on Saturday and I have to do one more this Saturday and then I have to wait a week before I harvest anything. By the following weekend I think the only thing that would be ready to pull is the purple potatoes anyway so hopefully this stuff works.

Tonight's dinner is jerk chicken (already marinating at home), rice with pigeon peas (no coconut milk though) and probably a salad to finish up the greens in the fridge.
                              Last edited by WitchJezebel; June 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM.

R.I.P. MiLo
                              4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

• Grilled cheese and tossed salad.
                                "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Working...
                                X