Apple Pie with no cinnamon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Pie with no cinnamon

I want to make an apple pie for Thanksgiving at my MIL. The only problem is that all the recipes I have call for cinnamon. My niece is allergic to cinnamon and cant have it.

Can I just leave it out or should I add something to replace it?

Anyone have any good apple pie recipes?

Here is a recipe that specifically has no cinnamon in it. It's apparently quite good from the comments given.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/grandm...ie/Detail.aspx

If you don't like this you can just use the traditional spices:

Brown Sugar
    White Sugar
    Nutmeg

and it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

Awesome, thanks. Think I'll keep that site handy too hehe. My niece is only 3 and is pretty allergic to it, was told to make it with cinnamon anyways, but I would rather not, just in case.

Comment

I would say use nutmeg, maybe some clove, and cardamom, just so it has that richness of flavor.
        The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cielamara View Post
          I would say use nutmeg, maybe some clove, and cardamom, just so it has that richness of flavor.

A dab of ginger in there would be tasty, as well.
          sigpic
          “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued,
          is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

I'm just seeing this thread--I'm replying just because I've never heard of being allergic to cinnamon before! Yikes.
            I've been :vanish: by Astara

Comment

I'd use brown sugar and/ or molasses to make caramel apple pie and maybe serve the pie with some type of special caramel sauce spooned over it.

I would look up caramel apple recipes for ideas.

If she isn't allergic to nuts, maybe add some pecans, so it would be an apple pecan pie.

I'm sure there are all sorts of apple recipes that do not include cinnamon. I think you can google apple recipes minus cinnamon.

Modern day Americans are not very creative cooks. We think certain ingredients are married.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter* View Post
                Modern day Americans are not very creative cooks. We think certain ingredients are married.
                Speak for yourself; you've not eaten at my house.
                "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
                Run free and catch the rabbits
                4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Comment

Ginger and cloves. They should cover for the cinnamon nicely. Cloves are very strong so watch how much you put in.

Comment

Working...
                  X