This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaylara
    Does anyone here want to contribute to the Green Room Cookbook? What kinds of recipies and/or information would you like to see included in the cookbook? What sections should we have? Who would like to help with the designing/graphics/organization of the cookbook? I'm working out the details as we speak on how we're gonna get this printed.

Kaylara

Hi there! Do you have someone doing graphics for you? Graphic design is my living and I would love to help in some way. email me or message me if you need me.
    cheers.

Comment

We're definately going to need people to design graphics for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
      Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
      Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
      subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

herbal stuff

[ I am new to this website. But i'd like to share some stuff using herbs that i grew this year. does that fit in?

Comment

Well, if it's a recipe, I think it'll fit in somewhere! Send it on!
          subscribe to mw

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Comment

When emailing, please put the words "Mysticwicks Cookbook" in the Subject line so that I don't mistake it for junk mail.
            subscribe to mw

Comment

i'll look around and email lotd.
              sigpic myspace

imvu

Comment

Woo hoo Im putting in my famouse lemon chicken and I think I will have my father do his
                sause and meatballs for spagettie

Comment

My stuffs on the way...
                  Let me know of anything else I can help you with!

No Regrets!
                  Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
                  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
                  ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
                  Welcome to my World!
                  Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

Comment

If you're doing a herbal section, feel free to use anything I've posted here at MW. I volunteer to taste anything that needs tasting.
                    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

I really would like to have a section on herbs, or simples/teas etc... Any ideas?
                      subscribe to mw

Comment

We're definately going to need people to design graphics for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
                        We should probably do the graphics like we are doing the other items. Hold a short contest for all graphic designers on the board.
                        mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

Well, first I'd like to see what is going to be included in the book. I guess then we'll take a vote...
                          subscribe to mw

Comment

Well, first I'd like to see what is going to be included in the book. I guess then we'll take a vote...
                            Of course! Illustrations would be a different story. I am talking front cover designs, etc.
                            mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

I'm so excited that my idea is becoming realized! I didn't think people would be into the idea.... but I'm so glad that it is! :D
                              Creu Gwir fel gwydr o ffwrnais awen...

"Belief is a beautiful armour/But makes for the heaviest sword..." - John Mayer

My site: http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mol
                                Of course! Illustrations would be a different story. I am talking front cover designs, etc.
                                Here are my two pennies... Guys, just a thought... it would probabaly be a really good idea to get in touch with the printer with regard to print job specifications like margins, bleeds, file format, etc then post those specs here on a thread. Some printers may be willing to "fix" files for free but not too many do. Rates can upwards of $65 an hour! If using a four color format, colors must be "separated" prior to printing. It would totally suck to have to reformat something in a program that the printer can actually use! Designing for the web is NOT the same as designing for commercial printing. Whatever a "designer" creates digitally needs to be able to convert to a format that a printer can use. Printers vary--some are digital and some still use the old style press (like a Heidelberg or Hamada). It has been my experience that each type of printer will require different file formats, ect... especially if you are doing volume work. Desktop publishing software would be something like QuarkXpress or PageMaker (ugh!), etc... But other than that, sounds like you guys really got something going here! Good luck and I'm here if anyone needs anything!

Oh, and the same goes for T-shirts and the other stuff you want to do... get the specs for the designers. Most of those types of facilities will use eps (Illustrator) files for printing. Here again, ask about spot colors and four color separations.

Toodles!
                                Last edited by Desert_Yaqui; October 30th, 2003, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X