• Show
Clear All

• Moonsie
    replied
    So what ever happened with the book? I am woah interested

Leave a comment:

• Cindlady2
    replied
    OK, that's a start..... there are also recipes in the The Green Room, Paths: Kitchen, Green and Hedge Witches, Pagan Spaces ("Green" Cleaning things) and I think, Health and Beauty.
    The thing would be huge but I don't think just food would cover enough. Although, maybe we could do 1 food/sabbath foods and 1 for "The Green Witch" with the cleaning, beauty and health recipes.

desserts
    appetizers
    chicken
    beef
    other meats
    main dishes
    side dishes
    beverages
    sabbat recipes

I don't use recipe books much so I don't know much about how they are broke down.
    The hard part is going to try to do some sort of index. I think Wolfsong did about as good as you can do on here in the Crystals and Stones forum with his sticky Quartz Formations & Properties. I know it took allot of work! (Everyone should check it out! It's amazing what he did! It's a whole book! And he wrote it just for us!!!! http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=124482 )
    Well, let's keep the thoughts going!

Leave a comment:

• PandoraHealer
    replied
    Well-- I'm looking at the other stikies--- There's one for desserts, and one for appetizers/dips --- could we just continue along those lines?
    Start stickies for everything? ---
    Seems like a whole lot of stickies...
    Maybe:
    Keep desserts
    Keep appetizers
    make chicken
    make beef
    make beverages
    make sabbat recipies
    etc etc etc...

We would need to regulate how recipies are posted. Like-- trying to avoid posts that don't have a recipie in it--- like not asking questions and such in the middle of the recipie list... do you know what I mean?--- it would keep the sticky to the point, and on topic-- would help avoid any derailments.... And people looking for a certain recipie could always post in the main section...

I would love to start a hard-copy here at home and see how that goes.-- I can go pick up a big thick binder and page protectors this weekend if we decide to go that route---
    I'd absolutly love if we could have recipie cards mailed to me-- oooh that would be nice.... but if not, I can just pull them off here, and print them and put them in the book.

Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Cindlady2
    replied
    As far as I'm concerned..... the job is yours! LOL.... If you choose to take it.

You could start by letting us know how you think it should be laid out then we can make suggestions and work from there.

Thanks sooooo much for offering! You get brownie points!

Leave a comment:

• PandoraHealer
    replied
    So--- Has anything like this been done?

I think it would be a great idea...

I'm up for helping coordinate it or put it all together....

Heck, if we get that far, I'd be up for taking it to a publisher and seeing where that goes-- all the recipies would have to be not-copywrited though.... like old family traditions and such...

Either way, I'd love to have a compiled MW cookbook....

ph

Leave a comment:

• Lenfantdefleur
    replied
    Cookbook contents

This is Way COOOOL!! I love cookbooks. I'd love to send some recipes for some of the older culinary arts that so many of us forget these days, like making your own yogurt, making your own vinegars (Delicious!!), clabbering,etc. Many times people forget how easy and delicious such things are. I'd love to see others' contributions along these lines as well.
    I like white owls idea alot! I love stuff like that. I hope that will be added to the cookbook.

Leave a comment:

• ~InTheDarkness~
    replied
    Awww I didn't realise this was an old thread (I should start looking at the dates!!!!)

Now I'm going to look to see if anything did come of this - it would be a shame if nothing did.

Thanks Merrilyn for letting me know - i feel a little less silly now! lol

Leave a comment:

• Merrilyn
    replied
    Originally posted by ~InTheDarkness~ View Post
    OOohh this sounds great! perhaps baby food recipes would be of use (even though my baby is nearly 9!!) But when he was starting on solids many moons ago I didn't like buying him jars of food because of cost and additives etc and actually made my own for him. Batch cooking and freezing of food in ice cube trays etc....I'm sure I've got recipes knocking about - I'll try and dig them out.

Also my son loves cooking and makes up his own recipes (which aren't always edible!) so I think maybe fun, easy stuff so the kids can have ago!!!

Great idea Morr!!!
    Old Thread... Did any of this ever come about? Not that I know of...

Leave a comment:

• ~InTheDarkness~
    replied
    OOohh this sounds great! perhaps baby food recipes would be of use (even though my baby is nearly 9!!) But when he was starting on solids many moons ago I didn't like buying him jars of food because of cost and additives etc and actually made my own for him. Batch cooking and freezing of food in ice cube trays etc....I'm sure I've got recipes knocking about - I'll try and dig them out.

Also my son loves cooking and makes up his own recipes (which aren't always edible!) so I think maybe fun, easy stuff so the kids can have ago!!!

Great idea Morr!!!

Leave a comment:

• Skylah
    replied
    Great Idea

The Green Room Cookbook... what a great idea!! I'd love to contribute!
    Blessings,
    Skylah

Leave a comment:

• piratess
    replied
    This is an awesome idea! I am super excited!

Leave a comment:

• LadyAriana
    replied
    Are you still taking recipies?

Leave a comment:

• brymble
    replied
    i hope there's a section for ethnic cuisines, and also for special diets, like gluten-free, diabetic, or allergy recipes!

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix Element
    replied
    I admit to not knowing much about ebooks, but I'd certainly buy this! How's it coming along?

Leave a comment:

• RoseKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by KaidaMidnight
    I'd love to do this, but my problem is that "my" recipes tend to change depending on my mood, and I don't measure things. .. do you still want them?
    LoL! That's how I cook too... drives my SO *crazy*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X