This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    The protein/fish is the main ingredient in sushi, the rice and the vinegar alone is not.
    While protein/fish is a common neta, it is the shari that is consistently needed to make sushi. The neta can be carrots and cucumber and it's still sushi, but if you only have fish and not the rice and the vinegar it is not sushi. As such, I would argue that the main ingredient in sushi is the shari, not the protein/fish neta.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I am now vegan, and it is awesome. That is all.
      Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I don't eat any meat and don't have any dairy products or egg yolk as I am allergic to them. Do occasionally eat egg white. My children all eat meat though my son also cannot have dairy or eggs
        My choice is what I chose to do and if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you chose to be and if your causing no harm, then your alright with me. (Ben Harper)

www.elderberryarts.co.uk

Comment

• I have been pescatarian for five years now. I have sushi about once a month.

Comment

Working...
          X