In Search Of A Soul Mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search Of A Soul Mate

Once upon a time,in a land far far away,there was a prince.This prince was quite sad . He lived in a huge city,bigger than New York, yet he still didnt couldnt find his true love . It was a shame for if he didnt marry he couldnt be king! So the prince set out in search of his soul mate.....He started out in the land of Masineshew. He had heard that the most beautiful women dwelled there.

Here, I thought I would start a new story....(sorry its sorta lame,but I couldnt think of one..........oh well, im sure you guys can make this awesome)
    SpiDy

Sad Prince looked in the mirror as he was getting ready to make the journey to Masineshew. He felt even sadder. Sad Prince was a little overweight and was beginning to lose his hair. He'd been getting older while he was waiting to find his soul mate. He had a scar on his cheek from accidentally getting in the middle of the Beltane fires and having a collision with the King Stag, getting pretty banged up with an antler. His nose was a little on the large side. His mother had always told him that he had a kind face and beautiful eyes, but none of the women in his kingdom ever seemed to notice. In fact, they made fun of him and called him Prince Pudgy. He sighed and put on his best tunic, the one that made him look a little slimmer. He polished his sword until it gleamed with a blinding light. He thought, maybe, just maybe, there would be a lady at Masineshew who liked fat guys and wouldn't mind his clumsiness. He took another look in the mirror and thought he might grow a beard to help cover up the scar and his double chin. He wondered if it would be long enough by the time he got there. Sad Prince took a deep breath and headed out of the castle. He somehow tripped over his own sword and went bouncing :boing: down the stairs........
    My adopted smilies:
    Joe and LaGina

I Proudly And Lovingly Accept This Banner On Behalf of Our Beloved Flar7 for his poem, "The Chase." It Was Truly How He Lived.

Come Dream With Me...

Oy! My Goddess! Creations
    COS9 is the Goddess of Banners!
    The Goddess Cafe

Well, I've got the message - stay among the living - Stevie Nicks

Comment

at the bottom of the stairs one of the chamber maids was walking past giggling .
      That made sad prince become more sad. He picked himself up, dusted off his tunic
      and proceeded to the kitchen. Well he had to have some food for his journey. After
      he packed a large sack of food, he set out on his trip. He thought about leaving a
      note but then decided nobody would miss him anyway.
      Rubi :bigredgri
      I live in my own world..fortunately you all know me here.
      (((Hugs))) & to all

Comment

As he was mounting his horse, Sad Prince noticed that he'd torn his tunic. "I just can't do anything right," he thought to himself. He turned and went back into the castle to find Stitch Witchery, the servant who could help him mend it.............
        My adopted smilies:
        Joe and LaGina

I Proudly And Lovingly Accept This Banner On Behalf of Our Beloved Flar7 for his poem, "The Chase." It Was Truly How He Lived.

Come Dream With Me...

The Goddess Cafe

Comment

Upon his arrival to the Stitchery, he knocked on the door... When what in front of his eyes should appear but a sweet fair maiden with sea green eyes, golden hair and a voice that could sooth any poor beast.....

" Please forgive my intrusion M'lady, But I need a gifted hand to stitch my tunic "

" Why Certainly M'lord " she replied " Please do come in, sit by the fire and enjoy some soft mead whilst I tend to your tunic "

Finally after all these years he has been blessed with some tender kindness..... " Maybe " he thought to himself ....

Maybe she will not only mend my ragged Tunic but my heart as well ......

Comment

but oh no that wasn't to be for the lovely lady was promised to the evil King in the next town over.
            He found this out whilst waiting for his tunic to be mended. The lovely maiden poured her heart out to him.
            Oh what was he to do?
            (((Hugs))) & to all

Comment

Sad Prince said "I don't understand. How does a servant maiden come to be promised to a king, evil or not?" Stitch Witchery replied, "Alas, it is due to my father having royal blood. He never married my mother. He lay dead now, and when he died, the evil King found out because one of his knights was my father's nephew. I don't really want to marry him, but I am tired of being a servant girl and wouldn't mind being the Queen." Sad Prince said "But I fell in love with you the minute I laid eyes on you. What chance do I have now to marry you?" "Slim and none, babe," Stitch Witchery said. "He's very powerful. I think you're too old and wimpy to fight him. Better you go off to Machineshew to find yourself a woman than to waste your time here."
              My adopted smilies:
              Joe and LaGina

Come Dream With Me...

The Goddess Cafe

Comment

So much for happy endings he thought.....

He did as asked. He picked up his Tunic, paid the maiden her due and left for Machineshew...

All the While thinking of what might have been.....

As the Maiden shut the door behind him a single tear trailed down her pale cheek ......

echo's of "But I fell in love with you the minute I laid eyes on you. What chance do I have now to marry you?" replyaed in her mind, for she felt the same for him in turn. For who could not fall in love with a man with such eyes...

Prtect him I must from thine evil king... at any cost ...

Even the cost of true love .....

Comment

Sad Prince checked to make sure he had all of his food and supplies. He was really depressed. He took a cake out of his bag and sat down on the ground. As he ate, he remembered the maiden and her kindess, but also her harshness as she told him to be off. "Hopes - dashed," he said. He got up and mounted his horse and set off for Machineshew. He really wasn't sure where it was. He thought it might take about three days to get there. He hadn't bothered to find out which direction the town was in. "I'll go east, east is always good," he thought. As he rode, he wondered how he could easily impress any ladies that he would meet. Sad Prince just wasn't good at putting on an act. Never mind that he had ten thousand acres of land, six thousand head of livestock and more money than god. He wouldn't be able to act like a rich prince and no one would care, anyway...............
                  My adopted smilies:
                  Joe and LaGina

Come Dream With Me...

The Goddess Cafe

Comment

a day and a half down the road the sad prince came upon a forest. It was starting to get
                    Dark about now so he set up camp for the night. Just after he finished making dinner A
                    Hobbled old man approached his camp."kind sir could you spare a bit to eat for a weary old
                    man?" sad prince wasn't all that hungry after everything he had been through so he
                    replied "Sit sir and dine with me I'm also weary from my trip and could use some company."
                    "oh thank you " replied the old man. So they sat eating and talking. The old man got Sad
                    prince to talking about his troubles and since most people ignored him He let it all out.
                    By the time he had told his whole story and what his mission was it was very late.
                    Sad Prince just happened to have an extra bed roll and he offered it to the old man.
                    "why thank you Sir, you are just too kind if some fair maiden can't see that then she is surely
                    blind." Sad prince blushed said thank you and went to sleep.
                    The next day....
                    (((Hugs))) & to all

Comment

he awoke to find a note on his pillow. It read:
                      Dear Sad Prince ,
                      I thank you for your hospitality. You were so nice to me that I would like to repay you in some way. So next to your sleeping bag I left a package. The package contains a bottle which in your time of need you must open and drink and it will bring you great help. Also there is a drum, if trouble ever befalls you, use it and see what happens. Blessed Be.
                      -Old Man

The prince,startled at what the hobbled old man said, looked next to his sleeping bag. Low and behold their was the bag.....with all the things the old man had said. What good will this do he thought........................

Comment

Sad Prince shrugged and tied the bag to his saddle with his other belongings. He picked up camp and went on. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. He felt a little better and looked up at the sun. "Father Sun, thank you for warming me today," he said. "You have shown me kindness in the young maiden and in the old man. I ask for your help now, guide me to my soul mate." The sun went behind a big cloud. Sad Prince's heart sank. "He's blowing me off again " he thought. Well, so much for feeling better. Up ahead Sad Prince saw a crude wooden sign: "Machineshew - A Day and A Half." At least he was headed in the right direction. Around noon, when the sun was overhead, at least he thought it was - it was still behind a big cloud - he sat down to eat his lunch. As he munched on the bread and cheese that he had brought, he heard a rustle in the trees above and then a loud caw that sounded like "Neverfear, Neverfear......."
                        My adopted smilies:
                        Joe and LaGina

Come Dream With Me...

The Goddess Cafe

Comment

"Neverfear, Neverfear......." is all he could here ~ Yet he could not see the poor beast who taunts his weary soul.....

"Neverfear, Neverfear......." taunting more and more ....

remembering what the old man had said " Also there is a drum, if trouble ever befalls you, use it and see what happens. "

The Prince did just that ~ He went to his saddlebag and retrieved it ....

Taking the drum within his hands her heard the taunt once again.

"Neverfear, Neverfear......."

Out of a little fear but a lot of anger and frustration the Prince started to bang on the drum yelling " what do you want from me "

Then magically the Caw of "Neverfear, Neverfear......." turned into a human voice.... a voice of a woman

" Who are you " the prince demanded drawing his sword swift and steady .....

" Please Sad Prince " the soft woman's voice asked...

" I mean you no harm "

" How do you know my name is sad prince " he coldly asked

Her reply " I know all there is to know about you M'lord for this voice and the caw you heard are mine ~ one in the same ~ I am here to help you for I am your spirit guide .......

Comment

"And just where have you been all these years, Miss Spirit Guide? You coulda stopped me from running into that antler, you know!" Sad Prince groused. "Oh, I was there. You couldn't hear me when I tried to tell you that you needn't go to that Beltane feast. Or when I told you not to try to get out there and dance. You were so busy being Sad that your spirit wasn't open to my guidance," the lady said. "Busy!" Sad Prince retorted. "How could I help it, when everyone was making fun of me all the time!" "I have no answer for that, except to tell you that it was your Wyrd at the time. But things are changing for you. For Samhain is approaching, and the veil is thinning. You are ready now." Her voice was a sweet song to his ears. "How so?" he asked, with a hopeful, eager look in his beautiful eyes. "You have lived as a poor, persecuted, misunderstood klutz for many years as part of your journey so that you could learn humility. Now you will take this experience and use it to build your strength!" She sang. "Tell me more........." Sad Prince squealed.:mmm:....
                            My adopted smilies:
                            Joe and LaGina

Come Dream With Me...

The Goddess Cafe

Comment

Tell me more........." Sad Prince squealed.

" All in due time M'lord ~ All in due time "

" For Now we much get you on your way to Machineshew "

" What is the Rush " the Prince Gripped

" Getting to Machineshew before nightfall for within this forest keep lurk strange forces that not even I understand ~ We must hurry "

The Prince did as asked and packed his saddlebag and mounted his horse riding further East toward his destination..

He was so full of questions and he felt she was not forthcoming with the truth...

What is she hiding from me I wonder?????

Comment

Working...
                              X