No announcement yet.

The Longest Thread On MW (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long threads are a magnet for tugging. You can't just leave it be or you will go crazy.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

How quickkly can it get put back in to Best of JS?

Comment

Well well well Longest Thread.
        *though you are anything but the longest at the moment.

What's on everyone's mind?

Comment

A certain Englishman.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaire-FireStar View Post
            How quickkly can it get put back in to Best of JS?
            YOU'RE the Administratrix!!

I am wondering if the post number can be altered.

We had only 1,725 to go to hit 150,000.
            The secret ingredient is LOVE!!

Comment

I had a long thread on my pants once, when I pulled it bad things happened. Howdie LT! Hi FFS, AS, Fluxotine, nannymouse, TWM, lunacie and everybody else! (Sorry if I forgot anyone!)

Lets get the LT back up to it's former unwieldy glory.
              sigpic

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
              Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Comment

Hello thread and friends...

Something really funny happened today while my son and I were sledding with his preschool class.

It was held at our local recreational center... They have a HUGE and very steep hill which is perfect for sledding down.

My son and I went down the first time with no problems until about halfway down, and then we got turned around and wound up going down the hill BACKWARDS...

Me, being one of the really silly parents there, was laughing and screeching the entire way down.

But there is more...

The second run down, we started going down backwards almost right away... I remember flying down, hitting a bump and somehow landing face first into the snow!! All I saw was white when I lifted my head... I was wearing my prescription sunglasses and had gotten snow in between the lenses and my eyes!! :rollingla

One of my son's teachers asked me if we were okay and after I said we were, she proceeded to bust her guts laughing because I literally had snow all over my face and glasses!!

I'm sore and tired but all in all, it was fun and a good day.
                "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

That sounds wonderful, Cloaky. We don't have many hills around here. People tend to head out to the freeways and slide down the slopes from the overpasses. Not a good idea. We only get enough snow to go sledding once or twice a winter anyway. But last winter we got more than usual and the girls and the neighbors had a wonderful time tying a rope to our old saucer sled and pulling each other around.

We bought that plastic sled for my daughter 30 years ago and no more snow than we get it should be good for another 30 years. Her grandchildren should be able to play with it.

Comment

Sounds like a great time Cloaky I haven't done much sledding lately I wish I had more time.
                    sigpic

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
                    Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Comment

Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
                      That sounds wonderful, Cloaky. We don't have many hills around here. People tend to head out to the freeways and slide down the slopes from the overpasses. Not a good idea. We only get enough snow to go sledding once or twice a winter anyway. But last winter we got more than usual and the girls and the neighbors had a wonderful time tying a rope to our old saucer sled and pulling each other around.

We bought that plastic sled for my daughter 30 years ago and no more snow than we get it should be good for another 30 years. Her grandchildren should be able to play with it.
                      It was an awesome day, even though I did get the face full of snow. :D

Up here, we have a lot of hills... Nova Scotia is at the northernmost end of the Appalachian Mountains. Our yard itself is relatively flat but the house I grew up in had a somewhat good hill for sledding on. I remember my brother used to start up by the house and he would get enough speed to zoom across the road. Thank the stars that road didn't have a lot of traffic on it, else he might have been in trouble!!

Sledding off the slopes to the underpasses?? Yikes... Talk about dangerous!!

We get a fair amount of snow here... I don't know the exact amount but I do know most winters we have at least a 1 inch covering on the ground.

Originally posted by KC Destroyer of Worlds View Post
                      Sounds like a great time Cloaky I haven't done much sledding lately I wish I had more time.
                      It was, snow on the glasses and all!! :D This was the first time I had been sledding since high school (that one was a dare down the high hill we had behind the high school) and I had forgotten how much fun and tiring it can be.

I do plan on taking Lil Cloaky again sometime, maybe on a day that his daddy can come with us.

Comment

No, I'm not broken up over the breakup, am I? Naaaaaah. Paved the way for something better.
                        Last edited by Flaire-FireStar; January 23rd, 2010, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Remember the silver lining... Especially if it's made of CHOCOLATE!! :mmm:

Unfortunately, I should really get offline and head to bed... I'm up later than I should be, it's going on for 1 a.m. here and all of that walking up the hill and getting a face full of snow kinda wore me out.

Night everyone!!

Comment

Hello Thread2!

I think we need to get busy redecorating in here and unpacking boxes from our move. I hope all our stuff fits in here. I could use the sound proof booth tonight.

See.....there was truth to the LT curse!
                            You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
                            It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
                            I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
                            you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Comment

OH NO! Maybe it's just me! My very first post in here I got the dreaded double post.
                              I deleted it.
                              You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
                              It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
                              I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
                              you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Comment

It's a sign BD! Curses don't die with the original thread.

How are you doing today?

Comment

Working...
                                X