No announcement yet.

The Longest Thread On MW (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astara, I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
    It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
    I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
    you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Comment

• Originally posted by nannymouse View Post
      YAY!!!

Finally strapped on the gear and got into the river.

Temp: trunks and rash guard
      Vis: 25 ft
      Average depth: 4 feet (hey, it's summer, and the river is down!)
      Max depth: 38 feet
      Bottom time: hard to say, because every time I got above 2 feet, my computer would end that dive, and start the next.
      Bottom time at max depth: 14 minutes (including 3 min safety stop sitting on a rock at 17 ft.)

Comments: We found the entrance to a beaver den under the roots of a huge cottonwood tree, with chewed sticks littered around the opening. As the river deepened near the big hole, we came across a school of what looked like sardines. (didn't think that 'dines were freshwater fish) A pan-sized smallmouth bass was chasing them. It showed no fear of us, and swam to within arm's reach several times. We dropped to the bottom of the big hole and found it to be a consistant 31 feet deep, 20 feet wide and around 100 feet long in the main part. There is a big rock at the downstream end, with a 10 ft wide fissure behind it. There was a little bit of overhang, but not more than arm deep. We recovered a mushroom anchor, a street sign, and a beer can. The nice thing about the average depth being 4 feet, is that we walked back up the river to get home, and did not have to swim against the current.

My camera is not working well, so I took no photos this time, but I will look into repair or replacement.
      That sounds like a great day!
      What kind of street sign was it?
      You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Comment

• thank you my friends
        Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
        and Books Forum Guide
        and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

• good to see you again Senn..
          nanny it sounds like you been busy:uhhuhuh:
          Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
          and Books Forum Guide
          and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Comment

• Hello Thread2!

Still hot and icky and humid here!
            I just can't seem to figure out how to grill chicken! One time it comes out perfect, the next burnt!
            Oh well...I will keep trying!

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

• BD, marinade will make all the difference. If you have something that is high in sugar, it will give it a burnylicious crust, low sugar not so burnylicious. Unless you are having issues with cook time?
              sigpic

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
              Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Comment

• No....not cook time, just much flamage.....even on low.
                Do you have a good marinade to suggest?

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrŮŽnach Druid View Post
                  No....not cook time, just much flamage.....even on low.
                  Do you have a good marinade to suggest?
                  White vinegar and olive oil in equal portions.
                  Crush a handful of plum tomatoes with fresh basil into the bag.
                  Let rest for 10 min.
                  Put in chicken breasts
                  Let marinate for two hours flipping once
                  Grill on med coals for ten min a side
                  let rest for five minutes
                  eat
                  eat
                  eat
                  eat
                  sigpic

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Comment

• YUM! Sounds good KC! I will give that a try next time. Thanks.

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

• Yar! Always ready to talk about cookin'!
                      sigpic

Comment

• That is good to know! I HATE cooking.....but do try.
                        I tend to get stuck in same old, same old.

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

• Gooo, I know what you mean. I went through that for a bit, then started just buying the staples. My "ADD" took over and I haven't been bored in the kitchen since :hahugh:
                          sigpic

Comment

• I tried eating staples once. I wouldn't recommend it.
                            "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
                            -Me

(\_/)
                            (O.o)
                            (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by WokeUpDead View Post
                              I tried eating staples once. I wouldn't recommend it.
                              :smileroll

Thank You Sennefer!

Comment

• Originally posted by WokeUpDead View Post
                                I tried eating staples once. I wouldn't recommend it.
                                Watch Jackass, lots of staples to the asses.
                                You will always do what you think, if you think you cannot change because that is always who you were - that is always who you will be. If you think you decide who you are despite what you have done in the past, and can decide who you are today you will. Do not chain yourself to the past or the future, but what you can decide in the present.

Comment

Working...
                                X